Tropical Birthday

WOW – I have missed you all!!

I have been gone on a week long Youth Girls Camp with my church! I was in the beautiful mountains of Utah – no cell service or internet and no distractions! It was really quite lovely!!

And for the week leading up to that camp I was crazy busy getting all the crafts and cutesy things ready for the girls!! I was in charge of the three crafts we did up there – I will be posting about them soon!

But with all that busyness I have not been to visit any of you and I have not posted anything on my blog!!

I am back now and I have been resting and trying to get some blog visits in – I will be to yours soon!!

I have made a card – A tropical birthday card!!

~ Tropical Happy Birthday, Monkey!! ~

pineapplemonkeyadj

This card was made using a Your Next Stamp set called Jungle Critters, Watercolor paper, my “Ziggy“s, A Versafine Black ink pad and clear embossing powder. The pineapple is from the Tropical Paradise set from Sunny Studio Stamps. I shaded with Creamy Caramel and Bashful Blue ink (both from SU!). Masking was definitely involved! Adding wiggly eyes to the monkey was like putting icing on a cake!

~I am very happily linking this card up to these challenges~

Cupcake Inspirations# 367 Tropical

CIC367

My card is most definitely Tropical!!

Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeChallenge: Flora and Fauna

Definition: Flora is plant life; fauna refers to animals. The handiest way to remember flora and fauna is that “flora” sounds like flowers, which are part of the plant world, and fauna sounds like “fawn,” and fawns are part of the animal kingdom.

mondayblog-logo

I used Flora – my coconut tree and Fauna – my monkey!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday ChallengeSimon Says: Create a Scene

wednesdayblog-logo

My monkey standing on the pineapple is definitely creating a scene!!  :)

Thank you for coming by and checking in on my blog!!

I will be around to visit all of you as soon as I can!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

17 thoughts on “Tropical Birthday

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I hope you will share some photos with all of us, I would love to see what your campers made! Your card is just too darn cute!

Glad you had a delightful time! It’s so nice to get away now and then! Your card is just way too cute, my friend!

cheiron says:

This card is adorable! I love the googly eyes. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

SmilynStef says:

What a cute card … love that little monkey.

Happy to hear you had a great time! Looking forward to seeing the creative and wonderful crafts you did with your girls at camp! This card is sheer cuteness! Such a fun and we’ll designed scene! I love how you have the adorable monkey on top of the tipped over pineapple. Brilliant! The wiggly eyes are just the perfect touch. You certainly rocked this challenge Taunya!

I was so glad to see your post, as I was beginning to wonder if all was well in your world, having not heard from you in a while. Cute card today. Monkeys always bring out the smiles.

Indy says:

So glad you are back in action! Absolutely ADORE this card! Those goggly eyes just make me giggle! Such a fun, clever and totally darling card!! Thanks for sharing at Cupcake Inspirations’ Tropical Challenge!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

Your card is so adorable! That monkey and sentiment are both so fun! So glad you joined in on the fun at Cupcake Inspirations.

Michele H. says:

Cute monkey card! I love the fun summer colors! Glad to have you back, but be good to yourself too!
    Take care!
    Michele

Sounds like you’ve been busy!! The monkey card is pure fun and you nailed the tropical feel perfectly! So adorable!

Jen Carter says:

Oh what a cute little scene! So fun! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Patti says:

Oh! camp sounds so fun!! I miss those days : )

Your card is delightful Taunya! love those google eyes!

BIG (((Hugs)))
    Patti

amy says:

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Monika Reeck says:

oh cutteee as can be
    lovely monkey with his pineaple
    cute scene and I love the happy colors on your card cute sentiment with cloud hehe
    hope you like to visit me back Taunya
    always happy to get your lovely comment
    biig hugs from Germany
    Monika

EK Gorman says:

There are cards that make you smile, and then there are cards that just plain make you Happy. Your little monkey card just makes me Happy. Right down to the bones. Beautiful work this week and thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.
    -EK ☺

Kamila says:

What a beautiful and fun card! I love this monkey – great colouring ! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Kamila DT

This is totally adorable!! I LOVE the little monkey and the fun scene you created. You sound like you are having a very busy summer!!