Fairy Girl & Beach Boy

This morning I would like to share 2 more of the cards I made yesterday!!

~ Golden Fairy Girl card ~

SugarPea2adj

First thing I did for this card is die cut all my pieces – a circle from MFT,  small banners from Stampin’ Up! which I cut one end off of. I also trimmed a gold striped shiny scrap to 4 1/4″ by 2 1/2″. I took a side folding A2 card and placed it in the Polka Dots embossing folder from Stampin’ Up!.

I stamped my cute fairy girl from the Fairy Sweet set by Sugar Pea Designs with Versamark ink and embossed with gold powder. Colored her in using my “Ziggy“s and added Wink Of Stella clear pen to add sparkle!

~My Fairy Girl is playing in the following challenges~

Sugar Pea DesignsMix It Up Challenge 2

June 8

I used the sketch to design my card and took inspiration from the touches of bright pink and gold in the photo!

Make My MondayFairies

My fairy cute girl is the spotlight of my card!

Tuesday Throwdown # 300 Fairies & Fantasy

ttgrabbutton

Again my fairy cute girl steals the show on my card!!

Craft Your Passion Challenge # 318 Always Anything Goes

CYP Badge resize

This is Anything! :)

Dragonfly JourneysChallenge # 63 Who’s The Boss? (use embossing folders)

I used the Polka Dots embossing folder from Stampin’ Up!.

embossing folders

I also made this card using an Adorable stamp set from SU! – Beach Babies (circa 1999)

~ Beach Boy Sunshine Card ~

sunshineboyadj

I loved how this card turned out – first thing I did was use an oval die cut from MFT to make my template to stamp and shade in. I penciled in a line where my boy and sandcastle would go, then I stamped them in Versafine ink and embossed them with clear powder. All my coloring was done with my “Ziggy“s and the shading was done using Bliss Blue ink and Creamy Caramel ink – both from SU! I used masking paper from Inkadinkado to cover up my images while I shaded. I used the Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool and replacement foams for the various colors.  I cut out the sun that I had stamped and colored and put it on with foam squares.  Sentiment came from a Sunny Studio Stamps set called Tropical Paradise – also stamped and embossed.  I die cut my whole panel using Stitched Rectangle die from Lawn Fawn – added it to a Brilliant Blue card base and I was done.

~This Beach Boy is playing in these challenges~

Ooh La La Challenge Blog –  # 207 Sun, Sand and Sea

OLL Follower

I included 2 of these elements – the sand, and the sun!

Addicted to stampsChallenge # 129 Anything Summer

blog badge

My card has a beach playing, sand castle building, adorable little boy!! All Summer!!

613 Avenue Create# 182 Anything Goes with Optional Twist

Sights, Tastes & Sounds of Summer

Join the Front Porch GangSIGHTS,SOUNDS,TASTES OF SUMMER - FINAL

I have got sun, beach, shells, bathing suit, flip flops, blue skies from the first column! And from the third column it is understood that he could hear the ocean waves, and the ocean breeze as he played there on the beach!!

INKY ImpressionsJune Challenge: Summer Time

My boy is reveling in being at the beach in the Good Ole’ Summertime!

{Pin}spirational Challenges # 168 Happy First Day of Summer

june 21

These girls are clearly off to the beach – which is where my little guy is at!!

I am also going to take my Beach Boy to play at Paper Issues!

I was PIN-Spired by this photo –

June Collage

The Beach, the sand, the sunshine!!

I know this was another long post – so glad you hung in there with me!!

Thanks for coming by!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

16 thoughts on “Fairy Girl & Beach Boy

Very cute designs, Taunya – sure to bring a smile to whoever finds them in the mailbox! Well done :)

Sweet cards, Taunya! Your colouring is so pretty with the Zigs! Love how you made the little oval scene!

Jerrie says:

Taunya, these cards are ADORABLE! I love your golden fairy card! It is perfect for a girl and the pink and black color combo rocks…then you top it off with a card for a boy that is sunsational!! Have a great 4th weekend~

such sweet cards :)
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Natalie
    INKognito

Hi Taunya! This is such a sweet card! I love her little smile and the embossed background you used works just perfectly with the layout. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

Love how you’ve been using dies to create stencil masks for your cards, which, by the way, are awesome!

amy says:

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

amy says:

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at PINspirational, good luck!!! Amy DT

Wynn says:

Lovely Summery card and perfect for our challenge. Love the sentiment too. Thank you for sharing it with us at OLL challenges. Wynn DT

Joan says:

Very cute card – love the bright colors and the banner!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!

Two wonderful cards my dear…love your coloring and your wonderful images. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Patricia says:

Very beautiful cards! I love the embossing in the first one. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Good luck!!!

Deanne Saunders says:

Cute cards!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Lynn Brown says:

Cute cards. I love the summer scene you created for our challenge at OLL. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Lynn x
    DT

Berni C says:

Beautiful design and fab composition.  Thanks for playing in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    tuesdaythrowdown.

Another amazing card duo! The gold and pink combo is so elegant and lovely! I love the shine you added with the strip of gold striped paper and the gold embossing. The embossed background looks fabulous! Such a sweet scene you created with the darling beach boy! Great job with the ink blending! Love it!