Monkey Business

Well, hello all you FABULOUS people!!

I have been gone for a few days – we had a Family Reunion, and between preparing for it, being at it, and resting up from it I have not been able to post anything!! But I made a card today, so here you go!!

~ Belated Birthday Wishes card ~

belatedmonkeyadj

Started with a Close to Cocoa (SU!) top folding card base, used Scalloped Rectangles die (Lawn Fawn) to cut a layer from Creamy Caramel card stock (SU!). With the Stitched Rectangle dies, also from Lawn Fawn I cut a piece of watercolor paper. I used the Diagonal Stripe stencil (Simon Says Stamp) to ink up this layer with Gumball Green inkpad and a stamping sponge. I stamped the monkey from Smoocheroos stamp set with Versafine black ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. Colored him in with my “Ziggy“s and put him on with foam mounted tape. A piece of green twine  was added so it looked like the monkey was hanging from it. My sentiment was also stamped in black and embossed, it is from the Word Salad set from Paper Smooches!

~Linking up to the following challenges~

Crafty Creations Challenge# 317 Tic-Tac-Toe

crtictactoe

I used the middle row, going down: Use a punch/dies – I used 2 dies on this card, Image – my monkey, Birthday – the sentiment wishes the receiver a belated birthday wish!

Just Add Ink!# 316…. Stripes

I used a Diagonal Stripe stencil (SSS) to add some stripes behind my monkey!!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday ChallengeSimon Says: Animal Magic

wednesdayblog-logo

They were featuring  Paper Smooches stamps this go round and I used the Smoocheroos set by PS!

Paper Smooches June Challenge: Layers

Layers2 SPARKS BADGE

This card featuring Paper Smooches stamps has 4 layers.

Word Art WednesdayChallenge Weeks # 234-235 Anything Goes

ilovetoplay

Seize the Birthday Anything Goes

Linky badge

I am glad that you stopped by and made me smile!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

15 thoughts on “Monkey Business

Simply fabulous card…just love your wonderful background and your sweet little monkey. Thank you so much for all your kind and sweet comments, you are the sweetest my dear!

This card is oh, so cute! I could just hug that sweet little monkey swinging on that twine vine. he he This is a perfect belated birthday card, Taunya! It will definitely make the recipient smile.

Monika Reeck says:

Hiyaaaa cute monkey you have..happy little card Taunya…I am really sorry not much time visiting blogs…hubby is traveling…alone with two little boys make me so busy…will catch up when the time allow me Taunya. Thanks for all comment you are really sweet friend..hugs (typing from mobile so sorry when many failire)
    Monika

Jan M says:

This is gorgeous Taunya! Your striped background is fabulous and I love how your adoreable monkey is swinging on the twine! Thanks for joining us again at Just Add Ink :-)

Kim Badelt says:

I just love how your monkey is sliding down your card Taunya. The stripes make a great jungle background too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

I love the different dimensions of colours you’ve created on your striped background!
    Thanks for playing along with our stripes challenge this week at Just Add Ink,

Trish
    JAI Design Team

Oh my goodness, this is adorable, Taunya! Such a clever touch, having that cute monkey hanging from twine – I love it. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

Oh gosh! What an adorable monkey. Looks like he’s having fun monkeying around and hanging from the twine (so clever). Loving the striped background too. A+ all around. :)

Caryn says:

Love your clean and simple design. Great, fun card.
    Thanks for joining in at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Caryn x

Cuteness in measures of oodles! What fun – will be casing this one someday! Hugs…

Awww, this little monkey is adorable! I love your stencilled background! Awesome CAS card design too!

This sweet card put a huge smile on my face! That monkey is too cute! I love your design with the diagonal striped background and the monkey hanging from the twine. What a fun card!

Jerrie says:

I have been MIA for two weeks on vaca too…my son was posting for me!! You really have some monkey business going on with this card!! Love your papers and that cute little monkey!

Patti says:

Taunya this is adorable!! I love how the monkey is holding the twine! giggling here!

Thank you for joining us at Seize The birthday!

Patti

shirley-bee says:

What a fun card, Taunya! I love how the monkey is sliding down the twine :) Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)