Soak Up the Sun

I got up bright and early this morning – Up with the Sun and I hid out in my craft room for awhile making this card!!! SO much fun!!

~ Soak Up the Sun ~

flamingosadj

I dug into my Doodlebug stash and used two Designer papers from the Sunkissed collection. I layered them on my card. Cut a Stitched Rectangle (Lawn Fawn) from white card stock and then added a skinny layer to it of Tempting Turquoise card stock (SU!). Now I could create my scene, I sponged and dotted some sand using Creamy Caramel ink and a marker, then I used Bliss Blue to sponge my sky. I set this aside and started working on my images.

I stamped with Black Versafine ink onto watercolor paper the flamingos, flower, and leaf from the Sunny Studios stamp set called Tropical Paradise. Embossed each image using clear embossing powder. I used my “Ziggy“s to color and then a wet paintbrush to blend. Using the Tropical Paradise die set also from Sunny Studio I cut the images out using my Big shot! My beautiful friend Mendi Yoshikawa gave this stamp set with dies to me for my birthday!! Thank you so much, Mendi!!

Now I just assembled my scene and used foam squares to adhere the pieces. Then I stamped the Soak Up the Sun sentiment in Memento black ink!

~I am linking this card up to these challenges~

House of Cards End of Term Blog Hop & Prizes

houseofcardsflamingos

This is the inspiration photo that I was working off of!!

Sketch SaturdayWeek # 416

416

I patterned my card after this sketch – cutting and layering my paper like the picture!

Sweet Stampin’Lots of Layers: 3 or more

I have 5 layers if you count my die cut images that are there on foam squares!

AAA Cards Game # 66 Watercolours

Use your StuffSizzle Into Summer w/a Blog Hop

What’s more sizzling in the Summer than Soakin’ Up the Sun!!

House Stamps BuiltWIW Photo Inspiration Challenge ~ J1516

j1516

I was inspired by this bird of the sea – flamingos are a bird commonly found by water also!

Simon Says StampWork it Wednesday – SUNSHINE

workitwedbanner

My card is ALL ABOUT soaking up the SUNSHINE!!

Curtain CallInspiration Challenge ~ Tasty Tropics

My card has tropical flowers on it! Hope that counts!!

Thanks for coming by!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

22 thoughts on “Soak Up the Sun

Michele H. says:

I LOVE the gorgeous color in your flamingos! This is really adorable! Thanks for playing along with us over at House of Cards!
    Take Care!
    Michele

Carla Hundley says:

How pretty and
    great design.
    Carla from Utah

Mandy LaCroix says:

Love this! So fun and colorful and happy! And great crisp design too. :)

Mendi Yoshikawa says:

This turned out so cool Taunya! So perfect for the sketch and inspiration photo. It makes me so happy to see you use the set. :)

Jane says:

Gorgeous hot pink flamingoes! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Oh I love this! Flamingos are so pretty! Very trendy too! Love how you coloured them! I think I have some flamingo stamps so I guess I need to dust them off!

This is such a fun card. Those flamingos are so bright and downright awesome! They make me happy just looking at them. Fabulous card, Taunya.

You’re so on trend with your sweet flamingos! I love this design! Fabulous choice of papers! This is just a perfect summer card! Love it!!!

Taunya, this is ADORABLE! LOVE the way you colored the birds and the floral spray! The patterned papers you used are PERFECT, too! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Sue says:

Such a pretty card! thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin hugs Sue J x

amy says:

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Cute as can be, Taunya!!!

sammy says:

Fab card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin’ this week. Sammy-x

Too cute…love your sweet flamingo’s, so cute and your coloring is amazing! Hope you have having a wonderful weekend!

Teresa Doyle says:

So cute Taunya. Great job!

Joanna says:

Gorgeous card. I love those fun flamingos. Thanks for joining in the fun over on the Sketch Saturday blog. Come back soon.

Cheri Weston says:

You made those fab flamingos jump right out and off the card….I love it and so glad you played with our challenge at The House That Stamps Built.

So fun!!! And so bright and cheery!! Love how you used the sketch (I did, too on my inspiration card–great minds think alike!). Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built. Sorry, I’m so late in leaving a comment, I won’t even bother with excuses!!

Monika Reeck says:

Oh I love this cute Flamingo Taunya
    but I dont have this stamp
    see you have so much variation of adorable stamp
    like monkey and ths flamingo (frankly speaking I have so less animal stamp set hehehe SMILE) I have much shoe and I have manly card and some little bit flowers and much coffee stamp and also Lady like Audres Hepburn stamp set and many other lady stamp
    ops sorry so many story hehe
    I love the coloring and the choice of the DP
    sweet card again Taunya
    Just stop now and make a card for DT job
    hugs
    Monika

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing your project with all of us at House of Cards June challange
    Katarzyna Ewa