There is SUNSHINE in my soul today!

I needed a little pick-me-up this morning so I went into my craft room to play around a bit!

I played around with my “Ziggy”s, a die cut and a stencil.

Using those things I made two sunshine cards!

~Sunshine Happy Birthday~

birthdaysunadj

To make this card I used a circle die cut as a guide on my watercolor paper. I cut my paper using the stitched rectangles from Lawn Fawn – LOVE those!! See the photo below. Then I used 3 colors of  “Ziggy“s – yellow, bright yellow , and orange and colored in some with each color and then used a wet paintbrush to blend the colors.

makingsun

Then to make the rays I used a Simon Says Stamp Layered Tree Stencil. (See Below) I used the zig pens to trace the outline of the stencil and then filled it in by wetting the ink and blending it with a wet paintbrush.

treestencil

Finished off the card by doing a really, really light blue wash and added a sentiment from SU! – stamped it with Only Orange craft ink and embossed it with clear powder.

To add a little pizzazz to my card I used some Doodlebug Sprinkles – Tangerine and BumbleBee.

I am linking this card up to these challenges:

Seize the BirthdayBirthday Theme with Sunshine “Toppings”

Player badge

My card is full of Sunshine!

Addicted to StampsChallenge # 197 Make Your Mark

Make Your Mark badge

I used my Zig Markers to make my mark on my bright sunshine!

Use Your StuffSizzle Into Summer Blog Hop

I think Summer is full of Sizzlin’ Hot Sunshine!

AAA CardsGame 66: Watercolours

My Sun and the rays and my light blue background were all watercoloured!

Simon Says StampWork it Wednesday – SUNSHINE

workitwedbanner

Sunshine galore in this card!!

I am also going to take my Sunshine to play at Paper Issues!

I was PIN-Spired by this photo –

June Collage

The sunshine!!

I also made another version of this card ~ Here it is ~

brightersunadj

And, I think I will end on that note, BECAUSE of ALL of YOU – my world is brighter!!

Thank you so much for the SUNSHINE you bring to my life!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

15 thoughts on “There is SUNSHINE in my soul today!

Your card totally made me think of the song, “You are my sunshine, my only sunshine…” Now I can’t get it out of my head. LOL Wonderful card by a wonderful lady. Thanks for brightening my day.

Angela says:

Great cards, the second one is my favourite because I like the quote x

Oh boy…now you have me singing! Lol…. Cuteness, my friend! Thanks for sharing!

LOOK at you! This is one amazing card, makes me smile from ear to ear!

Patti says:

Loving this bright and happy card Taunya!! I was so excited to see you in the gallery at Seize The Birthday! I hope you’ll play along with us again!

Patti

• 5.1
      Jane says:

Love this! Such an artsy hand drawn look to your card and so brilliantly bright and happy. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Lilian says:

What a happy card!!!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

Taunya, you never cease to amaze me! What a clever way to use that tree stencil! I love this cheerful card that is sure to brighten its lucky recipient’s day! I just noticed the icon toward the top right of your page that says that you won the CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge. Congrats! Well deserved, my friend!

This is amazing!! LOVE how you created that sun. I also love that you used the xmas tree to make the rays. What a way to stretch your supplies!! Totally fabulous card!!

Khristina says:

I love the sun and your shading! What a happy, fun card to receive. Thanks for playing along with our Sizzle into Summer Blog Hop this week at UYS.

Khristina UYS DT

Colleen F says:

Amazing card, Taunya! I love all the different elements you used to put this sun and its rays all together. It is so bright and cheery, sure to bring a big smiles to the recipients face! Thank you for sharing this at STB!

Glenda J says:

So fun and cheerful! Well done. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Asha Martins says:

What a brilliant project, Taunya! … pun intended :) Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

Justine says:

What a fun and happy card! Thanks for playing along at the AAA Card Challenge :) ~Justine

Teresa Doyle says:

Such a sweet card, very happy and fun. TFS!