Summer-y Flower Garden Card

This is a busy day for my city – HUGE celebration – Headed to a parade in awhile.

But I stole away some time in my craft room – my sister was over and we talked as I worked.

~Summer-y Flower Garden Card~

summergardencardadj

Making this card involved water coloring with my “Ziggy“s – first, I stamped the Doodlie-Do set from PaperTrey Ink onto watercolor paper with Versamark ink and then embossed them with gold powder. After coloring them in I used the Doodlie-Do matching dies to cut all my images out. I die cut a white panel using Large Stitched rectangles from Lawn Fawn. The Green Galore cardstock was die cut using Scalloped Rectangles also from LF.

I matched my Ziggy‘s as close as I could to Orchid Opulence, Bermuda Bay (these links go to the Zig color marker that matched the closest to the SU! ink) and for the Green Galore I actually smooshed the ink pad to get ink on the lid and then picked up the ink using a wet paintbrush.

~This lovely garden card is going to play in these challenges~

Use Your Stuff #225 Colour Challenge

color challenge

I used Green Galore ink and card stock and I used Orchid Opulence and Bermuda Bay colors as inspiration of which Zig’s to use – hope it fits!

Make My Monday Photo Inspiration

mmmcolour 1

I took inspiration from the bright, bold colors and the doodles/lines added to the images – thought my flowers looked a little like them – my gold embossing reflects the light color in the image. I hope it fits!

MarkerPOP # 95 Summertime Challenge

MP96

This is the cutest card ever – love it!! What a genius source of inspiration – I loved the colors in the bluebird and the butterfly and tried to duplicate them on my Summer-y  flowers using my Zig markers.

Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeSummer Garden

mondayblog-logo

These flowers were fresh picked from a Summer Garden – hope it is not a stretch!

Thanks for stopping by to see my lovely flowers – hope they brightened your day!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

13 thoughts on “Summer-y Flower Garden Card

Carla Hundley says:

Beautiful colors in your
    flowers, my choice of
    colors. Happy Summerfest
    and we’ll be at the fire
    works tonight!
    Carla from Utah

Love your bright, bold, happy-looking card! Great job matching the colors to your pens. Tfs! ~ Andrea

This is just so pretty….my favorite of all your cards ever! Your coloring is so amazing, just beautiful my dear friend! Wishing you a fabulous weekend.

Wow! These colors are fabulous, Taunya! Beautiful card, my friend!!!

So pretty, Taunya! I love that color combo, and you get such beautiful tones with your Zig markers. Your flowers definitely brightened my day.

barbarayaya says:

Pretty card, your flowers are beautiful and original like your color choice! Thanks for joining us this week on SImon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

missgailly says:

This card is bright, bold and beautiful! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF – Gail

Very Pretty card :)
    Thank you for joining us at Use Your Stuff! Hope to see you again next time

Tammy Cochrane
    Use Your Stuff DT
    TLC PaperPassions

Angela says:

Such lovely colours x

Renee says:

Love, love, love this card! The zig markers are next on my purchase list. Great job!

I LOVE this card! So pretty! The pop of green around the outside is a lovely touch! What a fabulous floral stamp set! Awesome job Taunya! This card will put a huge SMILE on a special someone’s face:D

Fliss says:

Really beautiful card and a lovely image too. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at MMM.
    Fliss DT x

Cazro says:

A lovely card, I love your interpretation of our photo challenge. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz DT