A Whale of a Tale

Today was a CRAZY, BUSY day and after a little rest I decided to de-stress in my craft room!!

And that, my friends, is my WHALE of a TALE – I could give you the details of my day but it makes me tired just thinking about everything I did and went through, so let’s get on to my card!!

~Showered With Love on your Big Day~

silverwhaleadj

I made this card using my home-made circle stencil (again) – I have had so much fun getting inky!! And I embossed with shiny silver embossing powder. The smallest silver dots were made with the end of a pencil – I stamped it in Versamark ink and then embossed them. The sentiment of the card reads – Showered with Love on your Big Day! No matter how hard I tried I could not capture the embossed sentiment very well – Sorry!

I used Lawn Fawn diecuts for my layers. Large Stitched Rectangles and Scalloped Rectangles. The stamp set I used is from a Studio Calico card kit that I won several years ago. Ink colors and paper colors are Lavender Lace and Cool Caribbean, both from Stampin’ Up!

~I was inspired to make this card by these challenges~

{Cupcake Inspirations}Challenge 363

CIC363

I loved all the circles I saw in this picture – and the silver, the purple, and the light blue. I know most of my card features things above the sea – but a whale goes under the sea some of the time! 😉

Pile It On Challenge # 109 Tic-Tac-Toe

PIO109_tic-tac-toe

I used the middle row going down – Wet Embossing, I used a Stamp Image, and I used 2 different Die Cuts for the layers on my card!!

Craft Your Passion Challenge# 315 Always Anything Goes

CYP Badge resize

This is Anything! :)

Wow, I needed this crafty time to unwind and now I am enjoying this quiet minute to compose this post!

I hope you enjoyed your time here and that you will tell me a “Whale of a Tale” in the comments!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

12 thoughts on “A Whale of a Tale

Mandy LaCroix says:

Love those colors !!! And that silver embossing AND the scallops! Great card!!! Glad u were able to destress in your crafty space! That’s the most fun. :-)
    Hugs ,
    Mandy

Michele H. says:

I love the silver embossing on the whale! Perfect touch! I hope you feel great now after destressing your craft room! The other day I uncluttered ONE DRAWER and felt exhausted, but I was happy with the result. Ha ha!
    Take care!
    Michele

amy says:

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Indy says:

Such a sweet under the sea card! The colors are perfect! So glad you were inspired by this week’s Cupcake Inspirations challenge!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

Greta H says:

Super cute & creative–love the color combo!

Lisa Lara says:

Beautiful colors Tauyna. I love that sentiment in that sketchy rectangle.

That silver embossing powder looks awesome! What a great way to give your whale center stage. Love the circles, too. I have to remember your trick in using the pencil eraser as a stamp. Great idea!

Michelle says:

Great card. Lovely embossed.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    Good luck, Michelle (DT)

Patricia says:

Very beautiful card! I love how you combined the colors with the embossing. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Good luck!!!

Mendi Yoshikawa says:

This is so sweet! Loving these colors and they look fantastic paired with the silver embossing powder. I need to remember to pull out my metallic embossing powders more. Love it! :)

Such a fun card! That big silver embossed whale is fantastic! I love what you did with your circle stencil. Great color combo too! Oh, and what a fun sentiment! There sure is a lot to love about this amazing card! Nicely done!

Love your sweet little whale card….just beautiful with that silver embossing, fabulous!