Birthday Cards – Another Twofer

Here are the other two cards I made during some play time this past weekend!

~Card # 1 Purple Flowers~

purplefloweradj

For this card I used a top folding piece of Lavender Lace cardstock and a 4 1/8″ by 5 3/8″ piece of thick vellum. First thing I did was use a circle die from MFT to cut out a circle from the vellum. I put the panel minus the circle into a Tim Holtz Notebook embossing folder. Used a 1/8″ hole punch to attach the vellum with ribbon to the card front. For the circle I die cut out I stamped some flowers from Heartfelt Thanks stamp set from Stampin’ Up! The ink colors used were Lavender Lace, Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery, and Garden Green – all from SU! I carefully laid the circle back in and put adhesive behind the flowers to secure it there!

~This card is off to play in these challenges~

TIME OUT challenges# 57 “May all your weeds be Wild Flowers”

TimeOut

Retro RubberChallenge # 39 May Flowers

rrcb39

My stamp set – Heartfelt Thanks –  is from 2005 and is from Stampin’ Up!

Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge ~ Challenge 10

Challenge 10

I used the bottom row – Bow, Texture (embossing folder), Vellum

House of Cards May Challenge: Clear Papers

VelllumAcetate

I used vellum for the front overlay of my card and I stamped the flowers onto the vellum!

Inky Impressions Die Cuts & Flowers

I used die cuts on this card and I stamped some flowers on this card!

Cuttlebug ManiaEmbossing

embossing_3

I used an embossing folder in by Big Shot machine!!

~Card # 2 Blinged out Cupcake~

blingcupcakeadj

Started with a simple white card front , added a Swimming Pool doily from Doodlebug. On scraps of card stock I stamped with Black StazOn ink the cupcake top, candle and cupcake liner from Treat Yourself – an older  Stampin’ Up! set. I colored them in with my”Ziggy“s – cut them out, added bling, Paper Studio gems, for sprinkles and put the images on with foam squares .

~Playing in the following challenges~

AAA Cards Game # 65: The Big Birthday Bash

birthday banner 2

It is a CAS birthday card! Happy 2nd Birthday AAA cards!!!

Great Impressions StampsMay Challenge: Blinged Birthday

0516 Great Impressions Stamps Challenge

My Cupcake Card definitely has some bling while still being CAS.

Dream Valley Challenges# 132 Add a doily

dreamvalleyblog-badge

I added a Swimming Pool colored doily from Doodlebug Design.

Come And Get It Challenge# 120 Use a Doily

See the line above for information on the doily I used!

Wow – this is kind of a long post but thanks for hanging in there with me!!

Have a super Wonderful, BEAUTIFUL day!!

20 thoughts on “Birthday Cards – Another Twofer

Monika Reeck says:

Taunya you are so busy making lovely birthday card
    the first one I love the purple vellum I dont have it and love to see it on your card
    sweet card
    and the second one I love the doily and the cupcake so yummy there hmmmm I am hungry now hehehe it is 23:58 in Germany and I get a post update that you post something
    I go first to your blog and now will go sleep
    oops forget to tell sweet and yummy card the second one Taunya
    see you around sweet friend
    hugs
    Monika

Carla Hundley says:

I love purple and these
    flowers are so pretty.
    Also love the doily!
    Carla from Utah

Jerrie says:

You are creating, girlfriend! I cannot believe how many cards you are posting and they are all so nice! I love your peekaboo vellum flower card! Your cupcake looks goood enough to eat!

Both cards have a lovely feminine air with the vellum, lace and soft colors. So pretty!

Wow! I love how crafty you’ve been getting lately and all the awesome cards you’ve created and shared. Today’s twofer features 2 more fabulous cards! I’ve been adding vellum to cards whenever I can. I love how it softens the look. You did such a great job with your vellum card! The embossing is a lovely touch! Who wouldn’t love to receive that sweet cupcake card? It will certainly brighten a lucky someone’s special day! Wonderful job as usual Taunya! Can’t wait to see what you have in store next:)

Michele H. says:

Wow! You’ve been busy, girl! You cards look fun and cheerful! Very nice!

Melissa L. says:

Sweet cupcake, Taunja! I love the doily and the beautiful colors. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

What pretty cards Taunya!! I love the first one with the embossed vellum!! The second one is so cute with that adorable cup cake and the doily behind it. Great design!!

Nice use of the vellum for this card. Thanks for playing along with our Bloghop this month at House of Cards
    Ma (✿*‿*) HOC DT

Those soft purple flowers are gorgeous and love how you used the vellum as well. And your so good with your bow tying!!!! Always happy to see you at TIME OUT!!

These are both fabulous, Taunya! I adore the fun cupcake you have on the second card–and the added bling rocks! Thank you so much for joining us at Great Impressions! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Very pretty! Love how you used both pieces of vellum!! I never think to use it and really should. Colors are great as well!! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Heat embossing on Vellum is very tricky but you did a beautiful job with this card. I love the design and the pretty purple flowers.
    Thank you for playing along at Retro Rubber, hope to see you again in the gallery soon.
    Maria Rodriguez.

Katy McGloin says:

You have used the Heartfelt Thanks and Lavender Lace cardstock to sweet perfection. I still have that color and you have made me want to pull it back out of the closet stash. A great combination of the challenges! Thanks so much for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week. Hope to see you often in our gallery!!

D Idlet says:

Yummy! Your cupcake is so cute and love your peekaboo vellum flower card too. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

I love that wonderful doily on the base of your fun birthday card. Love the colors on your cupcake. Thanks for playing along with us and celebrating our 2nd birthday at AAA Cards.

Gosh, I’d forgotten how cute those SU flowers are. So lovely with the vellum card front. I’m glad you shared it with us at Retro Rubber. Darling cupcake card, too. Love that doily!

tracey says:

A very sweet cupcake card

Thanks for playing with us at Dream VAlley

Tracey dt

These are simply beautiful Taunya…just love your pretty flowers and that sweet cupcake sitting on that fabulous doily. Sweet pair of cards my dear!

Katarina says:

Beautiful card.
    Thank you for sharing your project with all of us at House of Cards May challange ‘Clear papers’