Rainbow Love

I played around a little yesterday with masking and sponging and I came up with this card:

heartrainbowcardadj

I used a homemade circle stencil and 2 Paper Smooches stamp sets to make this card! The stamp sets I used are Word Salad and Smoocheroos. I took all the hearts and stamped them at the top of a Post-It note like this –

heartmasksadj

Then I very carefully cut them out! They all had sticky stuff on them since I had stamped them up at the top of the Post-It note! Then I took my homemade circle stencil – made out of chipboard and various sized circle punches – situated the largest circle where I wanted it and then placed the large heart mask inside the circle as shown here:

circlestenciladj

I used Sponge Daubers – 1 per color and did each circle/heart smaller than the one before it!! I staggered them in an upward diagonal on my simple white card base.  Inks I used are a Calypso Kaleidacolor rainbow ink pad and for the orange I used Tangelo Twist from Stampin’ Up!

After sponging all the circles the masks were all colored up so I added them to the card except the red one because I put the “Love You” text by that one.

Entering this card into the following challenges:

Paper Smooches May Challenge: RAINBOW

May16GraphicMed

This image was the inspiration for my color choices!!

CAS Colours & Sketches Sketch Challenge # 175

sketch 175

And for the design of the card I went off of this sketch!

E.T.A. I am SOOOOO EXCITED – I was picked as a winner again!!

butterfly Weekly Winner

Creative With Stamps ChallengeCWS Challenge # 2: CAS (Clean & Simple)

CWS#2 CAS

I feel like my card is very CAS!

Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog# 224 Get Inky

I used Sponge daubers and a homemade stencil and got inky!!

I hope you are having a Glorious weekend and that you are feeling grateful like me for all the military – past and present!!! Enjoy your day!!

19 thoughts on “Rainbow Love

Jerrie says:

Taunya, your card is absolutely CAS fantastic and what a great way to enter those challenges…your card is a winner in my eyes!

Monika Reeck says:

so clever use the Sketch Taunya..I have seen it and I said no this time I can not join so complicated and you did it so well..clever you…thanks so much too for playing along with us at CWS #2 CAS challenge..your card is wonderful

karen h says:

This is so sweet! I love the use of negative and positive images! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Renee Hagler says:

Great card! Thanks for playing at Use your Stuff!

missgailly says:

Such a cool technique ! Thanks for playing along with us at USE YOUR STUFF – Gail

You use such clever and wonderful techniques! I love that you masked things off and used a handmade stencil. The colors you chose are so vibrant. Love it! That rainbow sentiment is just the best! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! Great job my friend!

I love the rainbow colors with those circles and hearts. Beautiful design! Very cool how you made your own stencils.

Jane says:

Such detailed masking needed for your card, so much patience – all worth it though. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

Your card is so sweet! It is a loving design that was lovingly made! Hope you are having a good Memorial weekend.

Michele H. says:

I love these colorful hearts!

Mendi Yoshikawa says:

Love all things rainbow! This turned out super cute! :)

What a fun way to create a custom card— great masking and love your take on the two challenges (sketch/rainbows)!! Fabulous all around:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun with our May Rainbow challenge–I hope you will play along with the June Layers challenge (starts Wednesday!!)! <3

Simply wonderful card…love your incredible rainbow, so clever and creative. Wishing you and your family a wonderful day!

Beverley says:

I love rainbows and hearts! Your combination of the two and use of the sketch is FAB. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

Billie A says:

Darling card I like the hearts and the color choices. So glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps.. I hope you join us tomorrow for a new challenge.. Billie A (DT)

Lilian Yeh says:

Lovely card! Love the colors! Love it! =)
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

Love those hearts wiggling their way up your card! Gorgeous colours and how ingenious to make your own masks! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

Beautiful execution of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this last week. Stef x

Love those rainbow colored hearts/circles! congrats on your shout-out at CC&S!