Thoughts of You

Hello, friends!!!

I have a dear friend in my neighborhood who is having a struggle and she loves flowers so I made this card for her.

Thoughts of You card:

tulipthoughtsadj

I stamped a REALLY OLD (at least 10 years old) image from Stampin’ Up! coloring on it with marker using Forest Foliage and Eggplant Envy. I stamped this on vellum and then for a background I took a triangle makeup sponge, and using the square end I stamped Eggplant ink on white cardstock. I layered them together and punched two holes and tied some lovely white sheer ribbon – also retro SU! –  through and tied a bow!

I have written an upbeat, encouraging note inside and I am hoping it will brighten my friends day!!

I am hurrying to link this up to the following challenges:

Retro Rubber Challenge# 38 May Colors

#rrcb38

I was inspired by the colors in the tulips!! And the stamp set I used is over 10 years old!!

House of CardsMay Challenge: Clear Papers

VelllumAcetate

I used vellum as an overlay over my background!!

Thanks for looking and I hope you think of someone whose day you could brighten!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

19 thoughts on “Thoughts of You

You are so thoughtful! I love getting your encouragement, in your absolutely gorgeous handwriting! I’m sure the recipient of this card will cherish it forever. Thanks for sharing this!

Becca Cruger says:

Well I’m sure it will brighten her day up! As usual, your thoughtfulness knows no bounds!

Jerrie says:

What a great way to uplift your friend! I thinks she will love your card! I love going into the archive and using my vintage stamps…I have not worn any of them out!! Have a great weekend!

Michele H. says:

Very pretty card! You always share joy wherever you go!
    Take Care!
    Michele

Katy McGloin says:

Taunya, I think the only retro SU item you used that I might have in my stash is the white ribbon, LOL…. So very glad that you played along with us this week! Our stamps might be old but they are still precious. Hope to see you play with us often!

This card will definitely brighten your friend’s day. How kind of you to make it for her. It’s lovely!

You are just the sweetest! Always so thoughtful and kind! It is guaranteed that your beautiful card will brighten your friend’s day. I love everything about this card; the colors you chose, the sponging technique you used to create the background, the vellum panel and that fabulous bow. So pretty! Oustanding job Taunya!

DIdlet says:

Lovely card, I am sure your neighbor is going to love your card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

This card is sure to help your friend! Love your creative background and the stamped image is great as well! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and look forward to seeing you in our gallery again soon.

Beautiful use of that lovely rose. So soft and feminine. Thanks so much for doing the challenge.

Neva Cole says:

Clean and simple and very pretty! Thank you for playing along with our color challenge at RRBC!

So beautiful…love the soft sweet colors you used on this one. Sending hugs your way!

Jane Knudsen says:

What a beautiful and soft card! I love the background and your images are perfect! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Patti says:

Wowie!! You have been busy friend!! where have I been? giggles!! LOVE the background you stamped with your make up sponge!! brilliant idea : ) This is so super soft and sweet! Great job!!

Patti

foleysfriend says:

Love the soft look the vellum adds to your card; Hmm – haven’t tried stamping on vellum, must add it to my “need to try” list. Thank you for joining us at House of Cards

sue n.

This is so pretty, Taunya! I LOVE the geometric background you created, and the bow is awesome! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Judy V says:

Pretty card! Great use of the vellum! Thanks for joining us st House if Cards!

Katy D says:

Wow! This is sooooo pretty! I love that you used that old stamp-it doesn’t look old. :) Great technique! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! :)

Katarina says:

Love the background. Thank you for sharing your project with all of us at House of Cards May challange ‘Clear papers’