Embossed Happy Birthday

Well, folks, here I am! I am not sure I remember how to do this but I am going to post a card I made for a few challenges!!! Hang on tight, and let’s see if I can still do this!!

~~My Card~~

altflowersig

I made this card using an Swirls embossing folder by Darice  and I stamped images from the Altenew stamp set – Persian Motifs. I embossed them in gold and watercolored them with my “ziggy‘s”. I took a square of cardstock and pressed each of the edges on my Versamark ink pad and then added the embossing powder to it! I layered my watercolored image on this square that was now lined with a gold border. I tore the edge, applied some Versamark ink to that edge and embossed there as well!! I tied some gold cording around the card and knotted it!!

I made this card for ~

Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeEmboss It

mondayblog-logo

I heat embossed and I dry embossed!! I am 2 for 2!

Seize the BirthdayToppings: Coloring

This is a birthday card – it has an elegant looking Happy Birthday inside the card!

seizethetoppings

CAS(E) This SketchCTS # 172

CTS_172

I turned this sketch sideways – do you see it?

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge# 360

CIC360

I used these colors on my Altenew – Persian Motifs card!

THANK YOU so much for joining me today –

I will be back very soon with some Stampin’ Up! sets to give away!! I found them as I cleaned up my craft room and I want them to go to a good home!! Look for a post about that in the next few days!!!

28 thoughts on “Embossed Happy Birthday

Indy says:

Wonderful card! It is so good to see you back in the land of card blogging! Summer is fast approaching. I really hope we can get together during it and do some crafting!
    {hugs}
    Debbie

Cathie C. says:

Your card is gorgeous! I love the gold embossing, it gives your card such an elegant look. Love all the embossing elements and the design of your card. It’s beautiful! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie

What a gorgeous card! I love the gold embossing. It really makes this card special. So nice to have you back blogging again and to see your beautiful creations.

You certainly started back with a bang! I’m super excited to see your fabulous creations again! Your card is gorgeous! Perfectly designed and so beautifully executed. I love the gold embossing and the watercolor flowers. So pretty! You certainly ended my week on a high note!

Carla Hundley says:

Great to hear from you!
    Beautiful card, loving
    all the embossing.
    Carla from Utah

Mary says:

Very elegant! I love it.

Hi Taunya! It’s so good to see you back here on your blog! Your card is just perfect, and I hope you win the challenge :) I have missed you, dear friend! I’m in Germany now, helping DD out. We have yet another new grandson! Hugs…and blessings galore!

Patti says:

WOWIE!! is this ever beautiful!! I love your design : ) and I am doing the Happy Dance to see you are back to blogging!!

I just LOVE that Altenew image!! I posted a card to my blog just today using Altenew! such beautiful images and your coloring is outstanding girl!!

Thanks so so much for entering your lovely card in the STB challenge! We LOVE seeing your beautiful work in the gallery!

Welcome back friend!

Patti

Leigh Penner says:

This is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Sharyn Polesel says:

Very pretty! I love your beautiful flowers with the gold embossing. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

This is so beautiful, Taunya! Soft and pretty and so feminine. I’m thrilled to see a wonderful new project from you. :)

Barbara Campbell says:

A very elegant card. Love the image that you colored and the torn edge with gold is amazing. I will have to remember that one. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
    Barbara DT Member

Thank you so much for posting our badge on your blog. :) yay

Your blog is just gorgeous.. Happy Crafting

Sandy Gordon says:

Wow, really pretty. Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a great week!
    -Sandy, DT

I LOVE the Persian Motif embossed in gold!! I am going to have to try this!! You did a fabulous job with the Zig’s too. Stunning card!!

Jerrie says:

OOH~ I love your gold goodness on this card. The embossed background makes it look so elegant. This is a beauty and I am glad to see you back blogging!

Dawn~DesignsByDragonfly says:

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Jodene says:

Very pretty, and I love the touches of gold – very elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Monika Reeck says:

woowzaaaa
    you posted again Taunya yaay
    I got it per mail and happy to visit you again
    hope you have time to visit me back
    if you busy or still feel not good dont want to push you to visit me but I am always happy to get your lovely words they are so meaningfull
    Taunya this card is AMAZING
    love the embossing flower the frame gold and the tear paper with gold
    elegant and Expensive card with all the GOLD
    yay I love this card
    big hugs
    Monika

Naki says:

Very beautiful! I love the gold embossed flowers! Thank you for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!

carol says:

Looks to me like your haven’t forgotten a thing, my friend! And WOW…you’ve come back with a card that has me bedazzled! The embossed background is a charming canvas for your stunning flowers, who are definitely the stars of the stage! So pretty, so delicate! I’m thrilled to see you over at Cupcake Inspirations….pink, blush and gold suit you perfectly!

Eva Ng says:

Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. – Eva, DT Sweetie –

Vicki says:

Absolutely beautiful!

My goodness, what a lovely card! I love the soft blue and lovely pink color mixed with the gold so much! Just lovely! I hope you have a great weekend!

Just love your pretty birthday card…your gorgeous embossed background and your sweet colored flowers, just stunning my dear friend!

Gold embossing always looks so luscious1 Love your gold border – so artsy!

maria f. says:

SO very pretty. Love that stamp set and your touches of gold are gorgeous with all that white.