A Favorite Things Party

This year for my birthday I wanted to have a “Favorite Things” Party to celebrate!

I invited 16 people and 12 of them were able to come!

Here is what my invite said explaining how a Favorite Things party works:

Think of something that you LOVE and is your favorite (around $6.00 per item) Bring THREE of that item. We will draw names and everyone will go home with THREE new favorite things. And I will have celebrated my birthday with 16 of my FAVORITE people and learned more about them. What a gift to me!!

I also asked them to email or text me their favorite quote and to wear their favorite color on the day of the party!

When they arrived I had them come to this welcome station and write their name three times on yellow slips of paper for the drawing!

favthingsparty1adj

This station was decorated with my Funshine Care Bear given to me at Christmas time by my granddaughter who picked it out for me because I love “lellow”, paper daisies made by a good friend, and an adorable paper pieced sunshine in a frame made for me by my friend Cynthea! All of these represent some favorite things of mine!!

After they arrived and signed their slips I invited them to have a bite to eat from my Favorite Things dessert and refreshment table – some of the refreshments were the most delightful mini coconut creme pies, YUMMY chocolate cupcakes made for me by my friend Annette even though she could not attend the party – so grateful to her, some amazingly sweet mini chocolate chip cookies, a scrumptious fruit salad, veggies and dip, mini rolls, and candies that were yellow!

favthingsparty3adj

While they munched on their desserts I went around the room and told why each person was one of my favorite people!! When they were done we shared our favorite things and drew names and just really had a great time!!

Here is some of the decor from the party:

favthingsparty4adj

Does the choice of decor surprise you?!?? Nope, it shouldn’t – I still love daisies!!

At the end of the party I almost forgot to give them the favor bags I had prepared for them with a set of 4 cards I had made for each of them (they will feature in a post as soon as I can take pictures of them), a puzzle of rainbow colored cupcakes, Charleston Chew candy stick and some brightly colored pencils!! Here is how they looked all lined up on my fireplace –

favthingsparty2adj

And last but not least, I thought I would share my favorite quote with you – This is the kind of person I strive to be, and the reason why I create beautiful things to show people I care!!

daisybestquote3 (1)

So, there you go, my Favorite Things Party!! I really want to share some other things with you but I am having some stress because over the last few months my craft room has become the drop place for several things. My picture taking area is covered with things to sort and put away – but I am working on it and will share the cards I made for this favor soon!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and that you find time to create something beautiful to show someone you care!!

15 thoughts on “A Favorite Things Party

Jerrie says:

Your party looks like it was so much fun! All the bright yellow can only make you smile and be happy! What a clever idea to have a favorite things party and btw, Happy Birthday!!

Beautiful in every way and your personality shines through in every detail. :)

What a fabulous idea for a party! I love it, Taunya!! So happy to see your post and here about a happy time in your life. I’m looking forward to more of them. Keep smilin’!!

Wow what an awesome idea – and to have 12 out of 16 come is great. Love your theme, your decorations and your favor bag. Can’t wait to see the cards you made.

Hey Taunya!! Totally awesome party!! Super cute theme!! You are super awesome!!

You are about one of the most thoughtful people I know. What a wonderful idea you had and I bet all of you had the best time too. Can’t wait to see more! Miss you so much, hope you are doing well. Sending hugs your way.

Vicki says:

Sounds and looks like a completely wonderful time!!
    Thanks for sharing all the cheer.

Hope you enjoy the cleaning up and organizing. That is what I did for 6 hours today at a friends.

Michele H. says:

This looks like one of the most incredible days ever! I would have loved to join in on the fun! May many happy blessings come your way!
    Take Care!
    Michele

Migdalia Rodriguez says:

Everything is so beautiful!! Made me smile!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

What a brilliant idea for a party theme! Such a perfect way to celebrate your special day…surrounded by your favorite people! You always have such fun and creative ways to make others feel special and appreciated. You’re amazing!

Taunya, you are amazing! What a wonderful way to celebrate your special day! I’m so sorry I missed your birthday, dear friend. I’ve been out of the country. Got home late last night, and take off again Wednesday for Germany for 20 days. Know that I am thinking of you, and sure miss seeing you here in blog land! Hugs…. and Happy Birthday!!!

Abusybee says:

This sounds like so much fun!

Patti says:

Wow!! Happy Belated Birthday!! you are well blessed my friend to have so many friends to share your day! This is such a clever idea and every detail done perfectly. I know you were blessed but I KNOW your friends were equally blessed!!

So so good to see you in Blogland again friend! And Taunya I can’t thank you enough for all the wonderfully kind comments you make to my blog! You are a peach : )

Patti

Dawn~DesignsByDragonfly says:

Happy {late} birthday!!! What a fun way to celebrate. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

carol says:

Happy Belated Birthday, my sweet friend…and look at you, spreading and nurturing joy in others with this absolutely brilliant, innovative party theme! The food, the activities, the treat bags…delicious (and decadent…yummo!), fun and, of course, delightful! You always find ways to warm our hearts! Off to catch up…then it’s niece, nephew, mom, brother and sister-in-law time! They’re visiting us this long weekend. I am soooooo stoked!
    hugs~c