Hello!! and an update!

I am embarrassed and a little frustrated with myself for taking so very long to post something here. If you have reached out to me please forgive the lack of a response, it has no reflection on you whatsoever, but it helps me see just how overwhelmed with stress and worry I have been.

To say nothing of coping with day to day life. My 2 youngest children are still in school. My daughter is in 11th grade and my son is in 6th grade. We also have a son who is 20 and living at home with us. I have felt that I was just drowning. Besides the health problems I have been having – I have caught every communicable disease/flu/cold that my kiddos have brought home from school.
and on top of it all – everyone still needs a moderately clean environment to live in, clean clothes to wear and food to eat – oh, they always want to eat!!

A shout out to my wonderful husband who has handled SO much of this for me when I couldn’t!! Oh, He is a keeper!!!

My life was also blessed/taken over by a call from the Lord to work with the Young Women in the youth group at our church. 16 beautiful girls, my own daughter included – planning weekly activities for them, Sunday lessons for them, and occasional weekend trips and a week long camping trip this Summer. I work with 3 other amazingly talented ladies but there is much work and service to be done by all of us. This happened in mid December – I really felt like the Lord needed me to serve with them so I said yes when I was asked.

shantesemoji

There have been happy things – Christmas, 29th wedding anniversary  a new grandchild was born, lots of time spent taking care of my 3 cute granddaughters (the pic above is a darling play-doh emoji made by my very creative oldest granddaughter!)  and now finally a diagnosis of a healthy heart.

Some blood pressure problems and Diabetes seem to be at the root of my fainting. I am looking forward to figuring out how to feel better. I have been 50 to 60 pounds overweight the last 10 years, at least. I will be taking some nutrition classes and changing my eating styles and I have already lost 7 pounds in the last 10 days.

I share all of this with you because of the friendships I have made with many of you and for the thoughtful concerns and queries that have been sent my way.

Have a wonderful day – you all will be the first to know when I find myself back blogging. I do miss it but my life seems to have continued on without it SO I do have a decision to make and I just don’t feel ready or in the right mindset to make  one right now.

Love – Taunya Butler
A.K.A. Daisiesgirl (more so in my mind still and not in actual presence)

17 thoughts on “Hello!! and an update!

Carla Hundley says:

Taunya, wonderful to hear
    from you and know you
    are doing better! I too
    have Diabetes and know
    how hard it can be sometimes.
    Stay strong and continue
    doing what makes you
    happy and healthy!
    Carla from Utah

Jeni allen says:

I am glad to hear from you!! Hope things continue to look up!! I am totally feeling the “drowning” feeling!! After moving and getting everyone settled and all that goes with getting my family I 7 going smoothly, it is hard to find my time to be creative!! I am trying to make the time…but it just has to wait some days!!! Good luck in the days ahead!!!

So good to see a post from you, Taunya! I am glad you are healthier and doing important stuff, like working with those young girls. Bless you for giving of your time and energy so willingly!! Take care and be happy!

Taunya…so nice to hear from you! I was so excited to see you wrote a post, I could not wait to spend the time reading and getting caught up with what is going on in your life. I am sending prayers and good thoughts your way and I know you will take care of yourself. You church job sounds fabulous too, what an honor to work with a wonderful group of young ladies, I am sure it is lots of work but work that is well spent. Take care of yourself and congrats on losing 7 pounds, wishing the best of the rest too! Miss your wonderful cards too…sending hugs your way too!

Hello, Taunya! I am glad you are doing so well! Thank you for the update! Sorry to read how overwhelming life has been but it sounds like you’ve got it under control now, so kudos to you! You have nothing to feel embarrassed about! I think you have a lot going on and maybe the crafting can sit on the back burner until you feel like it. When I’m stressed I don’t feel like crafting at all! Congratulations on your church work with the young women – you will have a positive influence on these girls for sure and create many lasting memories! Wishing you the best with your new healthy lifestyle – it might be tough at times, but please remember – You’re Worth It, so stick with it! WTG on your weight loss! Awesome job! Sending lots of hugs and prayers!

jerrie says:

Taunya, glad to hear from you. I am glad you are doing better. Take care and enjoy your family! Hugs

Sue says:

Very happy that you are doing better, Taunya. Glad to hear that you have such a wonderful support system.

Sue

Patti says:

Hello friend!! So glad to see your post pop up!

Everyone needs a break to deal with real life sometimes – you know I know what i’m talking about! Yes, I’m back to blogging after over ONE YEAR of being away!!

The most important thing for you to do is keep your eyes on Jesus and let him heal your whole body and soul!! He won’t let you fall friend.

Congrats on the new addition to your family and to the many many blessings you’ve received.

You can do this!!

(((Hugs)))
    Patti

Berina Febin says:

Taunya, I’m so glad to hear from you!! Happy to hear that you are feeling better! Please don’t feel bad to take time off! Everyone of us needs it at one time or other! Take care and feel better!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

Mendi Yoshikawa says:

Please don’t feel the need to blog about crafty projects. I truly appreciate just the occasional update about your life so allow one more stress to be removed from your life and don’t worry about us. 😉 Glad to hear you’ve found the root of some of your health problems. Congrats on your weight loss this past week. That’s awesome! I think I should join you. 😉 Hope you’re able to add some crafts back into your life gradually when you get some down time. Not for us or for blogging, but for your own enjoyment. Sending big hugs! :)

Indy says:

So glad to hear from you! Wow, I am impressed at how much you have already loss! Way to go!!

Annette says:

Dear Taunya,

I’m so glad you are finding solutions to your health issues and that you are enjoying your grand daughters . The girls in your young women are very fortunate to have you as a leader. You are perfect for that! You keep taking care of yourself and don’t worry about anything else. You are a dear friend.

Annette

Vicki says:

Bless you, bless you, bless you!!

Just checking in. So glad you have such a supportive hubby. Keep hanging in there!

It sounds like you have had a lot going on. I’m glad you’ve been focusing on you. It was so nice to have you pop onto my blog today. I’ve been thinking about you. xo

Patti says:

Hello friend!! What a blessing to see all your wonderful and oh so sweet comments!! you are making me BLUSH!!

I pray all is well with you and that we will see your wonderful!! creations again soon!

BIG (((Hugs)))
    Patti

Catching up on things I missed. I popped over here to see what you were up to and read this post. I am glad that you are feeling better and working things out with your health. Nothing is more awful when you don’t feel well. And yes, life does get in the way of creating!! Thanks for all the love you have left on my blog and I am very excited that you received your package!! Have fun!!