The Hop to Stop!!!

My BLOGAVERSARY is going on now – See more info HERE !!

If you’re wondering why everything (at least that’s Becca’s hope) in the blogosphere is turning purple… there IS a reason – the Hop to Stop is here!

the hop to stop

You see, purple is the color of National Domestic Violence Awareness month.
1 in 3 women will experience domestic violence over the course of their lifetimes.
Let that sink in – 33% of all the women you meet.
And women aren’t the only people who are affected! Women, men, transgender – gender doesn’t matter. Domestic violence is something that exists regardless of gender, socioeconomic status, religion, education level, etc.
htssponsorlogo
And yet, it’s something that is rarely talked about in very public ways. It’s something that’s hidden and hushed. And since papercrafters are some of the most amazing people out there, some of you have agreed to make a card (or cards) to raise awareness for this issue.  Together, we CAN make a powerful impact.

Speaking of amazingly awesome – ^^^ Do you SEE that graphic above?! These are all the incredible companies who’ve agreed to support this blog hop. 14 companies and over $500 in prizes! WE can’t thank them enough!
THE RULES (oh those pesky things…)
If you’d like to participate in the Hop to Stop, here’s how it works:
1 – Make a card that FEATURES purple
2 – Link it up HERE before October 14, 12noon CST
3 – New creations only please, no backlinking allowed
4 – Provide a link back to the Hop! (it would be great if you put the badge in, too!)
5 – You MUST comment on at least the 3 entries before you to be eligible to win (be a good neighbor) buuuuuuut visiting the sponsor blogs/shops is HIGHLY encouraged. (hey – they are pretty generous and it would be great if we could thank them! There might even be an extra special top-secret prize in it for someone – wink* wink*)
All the information and INSPIRATION you need is at Becca’s Blog!!
I am so touched by her beauty and her amazing efforts for this purpose!!!

———————————————-
My card – made for this incredible purpose – The Hop to Stop:
purplecard1sig
I used so many things from my PURPLE embellishment basket and added a sentiment and some PURPLE scrap papers from my box – I used an embossing folder to create the swirly background on the white paper!! Square die cuts were used and a banner die cut for the sentiment!!
My card is also joining these other challenges:
VLVSep15Week4Sketch
I turned the sketch upside down for my card!!
CAGI+Badge+copy+2
EVERYTHING on my card is from my stash that I have had for so long!!
mondayblog-logo
snippetsplaygroundbadgescaled
I used 3 different dies on this card – 2 sized squares and the banners!
I Hope you will go over to Becca’s Blog and join us in the Hop to STOP!!!!
Wishing you a BEAUTIFUL day!!!

19 thoughts on “The Hop to Stop!!!

Becca Cruger says:

Oh Miss Taunya! You definitely WORKED those embellies! I’m glad they’re out of this basket and onto a card because they are oh-so-lovely! I’m crushing on those adorable buttons that frame out your sentiment! Thank you SO much for linking up to the Hop to Stop!

This is a beautiful card, Taunya! And for such a worthy cause. I love the gorgeous flower and the purple buttons. I hope you can hop over to see my purple card for the hop.

Sue says:

Beautiful card for a wonderful cause. Great job following the sketch.

Sue

Vinita Jain says:

Great creation for this great cause for awakening the awareness, love the purple embellishments and great take on the sketch, love it!

Beautiful birthday card–love the bright purple and all the pretty details!
    Take Care!
    Michele

neva says:

What a lovely card . Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Di says:

Great card Taunya – and it’s lovely to see you in the Playground again!

Hugs

Di xx

jerrie says:

I never knew purple could make such beautiful pick me up when you are down cards!! How fun to use elements from your purple basket to create a wonderful card!!

Carol Dunham says:

A beautiful card Taunya, so pretty. Carol x

How wonderful that you are participating in a challenge to raise awareness for such a worthy cause. Those stats are staggering! Your card is exceptional! The various tones of purple look lovely against the embossed white background. The embellishments are very stylish! Beautiful card Taunya!

Sweet card for a sweet cause. So wonderful of you to support it.

Michelle says:

So pretty!
    Thank you for sharing your card with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

Jade Morrison says:

Hello, Fantastic card. I am visiting you via Becca’s blog for the Hop To Stop Cause.

Jade xx

Wow! Look at all that purple goodness! Love that bold flower and those wee buttons on each side of your sentiment are too cute!

Pretty!…love the tissue flower….

This is SO pretty, Taunya! I LOVE the flower you chose for the focal point–it’s amazing! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

PS: If you’re looking for another chance to win with the Hop to Stop, make sure to stop by my blog and comment! http://www.mynnettekitchenonastampage.blogspot.com :)

~c says:

Your purple card is gorgeous, Taunya; perfect for Becca’s hop! That center stage flower….oh myyyyyy!

Terri Burson says:

So glad to see you linking up Taunya! Love all your purple and that big purple flower in the middle. So sweet!

Rebecca Yahrling says:

Very pretty card. Love that flower!