Got Wheels?? New DoubleClick Skittles Challenge

October is my BLOGAVERSARY month for details see this post HERE!!
Welcome to the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! We are starting a new challenge this week!

Thank you to everyone that joined in with our Up In the Sky challenge!

Welcome to challenge #32 over at DoubleClick!!

Dates: September 30, 2015 to October 13, 2015

Challenge: Let’s Roll! Use some wheels!

And here is my card for the Use some Wheels challenge:

redpickupsig

I made this card using the Loads of Love SU! stamp set – I stamped the truck and the sentiment on watercolor paper using a Versafine Black inkpad and then embossed with clear embossing powder!!

I fussy cut the tag and the truck! I colored the truck in using Zig markers010 Black, 090 Grey and 022 Carmine Red and a Winsor & Newton Cotman round 2 brush

Using Backdrop Builders from Paper Smooches I cut the road and the grass from scraps and layered them with the blue cloud paper – using a Circle die from My Favorite Things I cut the layered pieces into a circle!

The yellow paper is from my scraps and I used a white signo gel pen to draw stitches around the paper and I used a Corner Chomper on the bottom right corner!! Tag and truck were added with foam squares and the tag was tied with black twine!

The DoubleClick Skittles colors I used on this are: Lemon and Pebble Glitter

Now, It’s YOUR turn – We can’t wait to see what you will create for this challenge!!

Link up your creation HERE at the DoubleClick Skittles blog

Rules:
Skittles are not required to enter this challenge
One entry per person

No back linking
Must follow theme
When linking up use your project link not your blog link
Must Link back to this challenge and reference DoubleClick Skittles
Be A follower of DoubleClick and leave a comment after linking up
Prize is open to US residents only but anyone can enter

Prize winner will receive:
  Winner will be announced:  October 17, 2015

Have you checked out all the Skittle Color choices? You can view them all HERE!

I am excited to be linking up to the following challenges:

Cut It Up Challenge# 80 Oh, Brother!

This card was made for my brother’s birthday which was on the 27th!!

DL ArtSeptember Linky Challenge: Anything Goes

House of CardsSeptember Challenge: Stitch It up!

HouseofCardsBadge copy

I did the faux stitching around my yellow layer!!

Share Joy ChallengeSketch # 4 + Clean & Simple

ShareJoyChallenge4

I used this sketch as the inspiration for THIS card made especially for my brother’s birthday on the 27th – it has already been mailed to him!!

Remember to make something that fits with Let’s Roll!! Use a Wheel and join us at DoubleClick Skittles Challenge!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

14 thoughts on “Got Wheels?? New DoubleClick Skittles Challenge

This is sooooooooo fun! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adorable creation, Taunya! The white stitching is the absolute perfect finishing touch to an already darling card! Love it! We got in from Germany last night about midnight – blurry eyed today, but hoping to get back to a crafty routine soon! Hugs, dear friend :)

jerrie says:

Taunya, I wheely, wheely like your card!! Just a little punny for you!! Fantastic colors and design! Love your truck and that roadway!!

Carla Hundley says:

Great looking card with
    the cute truck!
    Carla from Utah

Jo says:

Wheely great card 😉
    I like to see some of the older SU stamp sets still used. I still use my summer by the sea set occasionally :)
    Hope you’re well xx

Evelyn says:

Such a cute little truck! Your brother will love it.
    Thanks for joining us for our “Oh, Brother!” challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn

Cute card, Taunya! I love little scenes! Great take on the sketch too! I think your brother will love it

Such a fun card!!! I love how the road and grass are curved in the circle. What a great effect! The little tufts of grass are super cute! The bright red was an awesome choice for the truck. It really draws your eye in and makes the scene pop! I’m sure this put a huge smile on your brother’s face!

This is super duper fun, Tanya! I LOVE the great layers, the clean colors, and that fabulous faux stitching! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Like the truck scene you created with wonderful watercoloring, faux stitching & embellishing.
    Melissa
    “Sunshine HoneyBee”

DIANA L. says:

This is so cute love the little scene and the red car with the fun sentiment!!
    Thank you for the inspiration you could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes OCTOBER Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART

cohenna says:

Beautiful!! Thanks for joining in our “Stitch It Up!” challenge at House Of Cards :)

Terri Burson says:

Oh goodness, I love this truck! Reminds me of one that my dad used to have. Such a darling card!

~c says:

Now that’s my transportation of choice: four wheels, on the ground! Your little pickup truck is stinkin’ adorable. It reminds me of one my uncle had, but his was blue! Sunday mornings, back in the day, we’d head off to pick blueberries along the river – us kids in the back, the adults squeezed in the front. Too much fun…and now I’m craving blueberry pie! Go figure!
    hugs~c