Butterfly Birthday

Well, here I am, back with my third creation for today!! I have had to do things in spurts because of the lingering of this migraine!! I feel like the end is near, though!! Hopefully a good night’s sleep will find me ready for a new, feeling good day!!

As I mentioned in my last post the last two cards I made were CAS and One-Layer!!

My last and third card of the day turned out like this:

bdaybutterflysig

First thing I did on this card was use a diagonally striped stencil from Simon Says Stamp – I used Taken With Teal and Tempting Turquoise SU! inks and blended them to create the lines behind my butterfly!! The Butterfly itself was a gift from a crafty friend named Cheryl from Paper Panacea – I colored it all over with a Wink of Stella clear pen and glued it to my card with Ranger Multi Medium Matte! Added some sequins and a small Happy Birthday!!

This card is going to be linked up to these challenges:

City Crafter Challenge BlogWeek # 278 Feeling Flat

CityCrafter

This is a flat card that can be mailed without any extra postage!

Fan – Tastic TuesdayChallenge # 102 Anything Goes w/ a twist – Make it Feminine

blogfollow

I think butterflies are very feminine!!

PaperTake WeeklyThings With Wings

PWC-blog

Well, that is it, I am off to bed!!! Thanks for coming!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

14 thoughts on “Butterfly Birthday

Hi Taunya! Oh my gosh I love this gorgeous card! The stenciled background is gorgeous,the butterfly as well!

Angela says:

This card is lovely.

Sue says:

WOW!! I love this butterfly, another wonderful creation. Great color.

Sue

Stella says:

The stenciled background is gorgeous and adds a lovely touch. Your butterfly is a stunner! Thank you so much for joining us again at CCCB! You are on a roll :)

Berina Febin says:

Beautiful card!! The butterfly is gorgeous!! Hope you feel better soon..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

jerrie says:

What a fantastic background. I love how you took the inks, a stencil and made it a DIY!! The whole card with the butterfly on top is just perfect!! Very nice job!!

This card is gorgeous!!! I love the ombre effect you created on the stripes. The butterfly is a beautiful focal point and what a brilliant idea to add shimmer to it by using your Wink of Stella pen. I am definitely going to try that on one of my next creations😊

D~DesignsByDragonfly says:

Wow you have been busy. I loVe your pretty butterfly card. The stripe background is the perfect way to accent it. Thanks for sharing.
    I hope you are feeling better.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Beautiful card, Taunya! Love the stencilled background and I always enjoy butterflies – my second favourite theme behind cats hehe! Glad you’re starting to feel better!

Oh my goodness – I think I really NEED this stencil! What a gorgeous creation, Taunya! Love the beautiful soft colors, the stenciling is perfect, and what a pretty flutterby!!! Thanks for inspiring me to go stencil shopping :)

Gorgeous butterfly…what a fabulous die and I love your beautiful striped background, your stenciling is amazing and so perfect with all those fun sequins too! Just love it Taunya. Hugs to you and your sweet family.

Mendi Yoshikawa says:

Love the monochromatic look and the beautiful simplicity of your card. It’s wonderful! :)

~c says:

My response to your card is 10000% predictable: swooning! As in mega-swooning! YOur butterfly, nestled delicately on the stenciled background, is utterly gorgeous! In love…

I’m finally getting through all of my emails that accumulated while I was traveling. So glad to see you can use those pretty butterflies. Your card is gorgeous! Love that stenciled background.