Girlfriends

Hey, Peeps!! What’s Up??

I tried something today and I think it worked pretty good!!

I watercolored by squoosing my inkpads so that ink got on the lid and then I used a wet paintbrush to pick up the ink!! The colors I used were all by Stampin’Up – Cool Caribbean, Pretty in Pink, Orchid Opulence and Lovely Lilac. I also used my flesh colored zig real brush pen for the skin!  I had a lot of fun doing it this way!!

My card turned out like this:

girltalksig

I used SU! banner die cuts and an old set called Girlfriends!! Sequins were added and an embossed sentiment invites a friend for a night out with a lot of girl talk going on!!!

Linking up to these challenges:

Cosmic Strawberry Cosmic Colours Challenge #16

#16a

I feel like I used the 4 colors – Caribbean, lilac, orchid, pink – I am not sure the photo did the colors justice but that is the color scheme I was going for!!

613 Avenue Create#138 Anything Goes w/optional Girls night out!

Join the Front Porch Gang

When I go out with the girls there is LOTS of girl talk!!!

Dragonfly JourneysChallenge #20 Girlfriends

girlfriendsbesttherapy

Tuesday Morning Sketches# 315

TMS #315

I followed this sketch with the banners and the sequins and everything!!!

I hope you are having an AWESOME Saturday!!

Take care and Thanks for stopping by!!

15 thoughts on “Girlfriends

Sue says:

Adorable card, the image is really cute and I love your color combo.

Sue

jerrie says:

This is such a hip card with a new technique for you…once again…yeah you!!

This is wonderful, Taunya! Oh my gosh, your water coloring is absolutely perfect! Great take on the sketch, and good luck with all those challenges! Hugs…💞

Jeannie says:

Hi there! What a fun card! I just love the bright and fun colors you used with this sweet image, and of course the sequins too. Thank you so much for joining my Girlfriends challenge this week. I love it!

Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

Debbie says:

So cute!! I like your method of water coloring!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie’s Dash of This and That

• 5.1

Ooooh, I love how bright the colors turned out on your image! I’ve never tried this technique, but after seeing your card, I really want to give it a go. You always seem to inspire me, Taunya! That’s why I love visiting your blog.

Halak Shah says:

Super pretty and fun card Taunya! ^__^ <3 I love the color combination, the banner and the sentiment!!

Super sweet card!!! What a great color combination! I love the touch of sparkle the sequins add! This is a perfect interpretation of the sketch. You have a great knack for choosing challenges to pair up and the results are always fantastic! You’ve certainly been crafting up a storm! So many wonderful creations!!!

A fun and adorable card. I love the colors.

I love the color combo on your most adorable card. I would love to do a girls nite out with you!!!!! Thanks for starting my day off with a smile! hugs, :)

Colette says:

Such a cute, bright card Taunya! Thank you for playing along with Cosmic Colours this month :o) x

Awww, how sweet is this? It makes me think of Alexa hanging out with her girlfriends. Loving the pink, aqua and purple color combo. So fresh and so trendy! :)

Carla Hundley says:

Too cute and love
    the colors!
    Carla from Utah

Aw, such a cute card! Love these colours!

This is just one fabulous card Taunya…love those fabulous colors and your sweet design! Sorry it has taken me so long to get to commenting but I am almost caught up! Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend!!!