A Trio of Leaves

I was able to create a CAS – One Layer card this afternoon by doing some masking!!

This is what I created:

leaftriosig

First, I die cut a rectangle out of chipboard, then I stamped the two leaves on a post-it note and cut them out for masks!! I took the negative of the rectangle and a leaf mask and sponged the Certainly Celery in the center! Then I used the rectangle diecut and the negative and the leaf so I could sponge Ruby Red in that area!! Next, I did the same thing using Pumpkin Pie! After I had sponged all the rectangles I stamped the leaves into the empty spaces – trying my best to line them up perfectly (NOT) but I think it looks good!! The Set I used is an SU! set called Fall Fun!! Last thing I did was use an American Crafts Gold pen to draw a light line around each rectangle!! This actually looks like the idea I had in my mind – Yippee!! So glad!!

I an linking this card up to these challenges:

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge # 283

SSSC283

This was obviously the inspiration for the 3 rectangles and their arrangement!!

“Just Us Girls” Challenge#307 Photo Week

#307

Here is where the fall leaves and colors come into the design!

AAA Cards Challenge #46 Maskerade

mask

There was MUCH masking involved in the making of this card!

CAS-ual Fridays  – CFC # 142 Pretty Patterns

cfc142

I like the Pretty Pattern my little leaf trio makes in their rectangles!!

I can’t believe I pulled this off!! One layer and CAS are sometimes very hard for me!!

You will have to let me know what you think – I will look forward to hearing from you!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

17 thoughts on “A Trio of Leaves

Beautiful CAS card, Taunya! I like the leaves! In fact, I’m ready for fall – my favourite season! Glad your mojo is back!

Aren’t you the most uber-clever person ever? Great idea! Love the finished product too – your take on the sketch is absolutely perfect!

Very pretty. Love the fall colors!

You created this by masking? WOW!! This is fantastic!! I love that this is one layer and the colors you picked are perfect!! I also like that you were able to get this into so many challenges. Fabulous!!

Gorgeous card Taunya…love your sweet trio of beautiful leaves. What an incredible selection of techniques too. You are so amazing, just like your card. Fall is my favorite time of year and I am so excited for the air to become a wee smidge cooler and the leaves to change. Hope you are having a fabulous day…hugs to you and your sweet family.

Berina Febin says:

beautiful CAS card!! love the pattern you have done..

Sharyn Polesel says:

Very pretty colors and I love the leaves! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Very sophisticated and beautiful card! I love the combination of the three fall colors. How brilliant to have outlined the rectangles in gold!

D~DesignsByDragonfly says:

What a pretty trio. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Nice work with the masking! I love the colored panels with the leaves and lining the panels with the gold was the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

AWESOME 1 layer card — really looks layered! Thanks or joining in at JUGS~

Rebecca Hoy says:

Lovely, great use of masking. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Friday challenge, Rebecca x

Jane says:

Fab masking and I love the autumnal feel of your card. Thanks for joining in at AAA Cards.

Love the fall theme! Beautiful card!
    Deb

This is gorgeous, I thought the off-centre stamping of the leaves was intentional and only realised after reading your description that it wasn’t. I love the effect of the slight white shadow of the leaves, makes them really pop and adds so much dimension to this one layer wonder. Really great! I was going to try this sketch but only came up with rubbish… you clearly aced it!

Angie Tieman says:

How cute! Great and creative way to use that sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Loving the softness of this card and yes, I can’t wait for fall to get here. You captured the changing leaves so beautifully. :)