Happy First Day of PreSchool

So today, I was able to get into my craft room for a card making session!! I made 2 cards for my granddaughters who both start pre-school in a few days!!

This is my first card:

Laylaschoolcardsig

Kraft card base, a scrap of school themed paper cut into a triangle and a chalkboard die cut went into the making of this card!! I also used a small piece of Doodlebug Design’s Apple A Day washi tapeUsed a white pen to write on the chalkboard and a marker to put her name on it!!

I am linking this card up to these challenges:

Tuesday Morning Sketches – Sketch # 313

TMS #313

I don’t have a way to cut out an oval so I used this chalkboard diecut in the oval’s place!!

Crafty Creations Challenges# 295 Chalkboard

CCC_Badge (1)

And here is my second card:

kaiaschoolcardsig

This card was also made with a kraft card base and red cardstock, die cut circles, Doodlebug Design‘s Tape Measure washi tape and school icons from SU! sets (old ones)!! Letters are from various dollar store abc stamp sets I had!!

I am linking this card up to these challenges:
Mojo Monday # 410

Mojo410

The Kraft JournalChallenge # 236 Take Your Pick

236 takeyourpick

I used Ruler, Washi Tape, Red, Apple and Die Cut!!

CropStop BlogLinky Party # 7

I used products from Doodlebug Design which has products in the CropStop Shop

As always I am so glad you came – please leave me some love – it makes me SMILE when you do!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

17 thoughts on “Happy First Day of PreSchool

What sweet cards! How special, your granddaughters will love them, and they will definitely help make the day brighter!

These are so precious, Taunya! I adore the school themed elements you used on each of them, especially the chalkboard. I came across chalkboard tags at Target the other day and was tempted to buy them to use on teacher thank you cards. First I have to find a good white pen. The ones I have (and used to love) seem to have a habit of drying up.

jerrie says:

What great cards to send your granddaughters off to school!! Love them!

OH my goodness….this is just so stinkin’ cute! What a sweet grandmother you are and I know your sweet granddaughters will just love these. Being a preschool teacher, I just love it! Hope you and your family are having a wonderful weekend….we are melting where I live, 100 degrees for 2 days in a row and we are expecting another scorcher tomorrow.

Debbie says:

Very cute cards!!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie’s Dash of This and That

Two adorable cards for two darling granddaughters! How fun that two sweet girls are both starting pre-school. This is such a fun age. They’re like little sponges, ready to soak up all that learning. Hope they both have a school year filled with wonderment.

Karen Letchworth says:

What an awesome card. SO sweet and creative. Thanks for sharing with us this week at The Kraft Journal. We hope that you will join us again soon.
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

You sure know how to make people feel special with your wonderful creations! I’m sure that your granddaughters will be thrilled to receive these fabulous cards! Starting pre-school is such a significant and notable milestone. I hope that they are filled with excitement and that their pre-school experience brings them much joy. You must be looking forward to hearing about all the things they’ll learn, the friends they’ll make and the fun adventures they’re sure to have.

Julee says:

Darling card! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Kris B says:

Cute cards! Love the chalk board sentiment on the first! Perfect for a first day of preschool card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Stephanie W says:

What adorable cards!! I’m sure your granddaughters will love them. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal. ~~Stephanie – Guest DT

These cards are so cute. I love the fun, apple tab on the first card and the second card, the double circles ROCK!!! Your grandchildren are going to LOVE these!! So sweet!!

Milka says:

Both of your cards are beautiful! 😀 Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges this fortnight. I hope to see you again! 😀
    Milka DT

These are both adorable and celebrate a very fun milestone.

Oh my goodness, Taunya, how cute are these! Thanks for my smiles today! Hugs…

First day of pre-school for your granddaughters and soon, first day of kindergarten for my niece! How did the time from ‘babies’ to now fly so quickly! Exciting times ahead – for them and for us! I’m kind of envious that Ms. T’s teachers will have sooooo much time with her, but…that’s how it goes. Looking forward to watching her learn and blossom even more, as I know you are with your ‘littles.’ Your cards: just so adorable and infused with such a deep love! They will adore them immensely, as do I!
    hugs~c