Guest Designing at 4 Crafty Chicks – week 2

Well, Hello to all you fabulous folks!!!

I have some fun news – I am Guest Designing for 4 Crafty Chicks this month!!

4ccgdt

For this second week of August the Challenge is  #259 Nautical  – It will run for a week!! And Tina  is our host!

It would be so great if you came over and joined us!!

Here is the card I made for this challenge:

hopeanchorsig

This card was made from a chipboard anchor I had DEEP in my stash – found it, painted it white and added some blue ribbon scraps to the top of it and tied them on with a double knot!! I tore waves in this scrap paper I had and sponged with Night Of Navy SU! ink on the edges! I used Bold Alphabet (also from SU!) to stamp the word HOPE and then I hand wrote the other words!! I secured the anchor on my card using 1/2″ glue dots on it in 5 or 6 places!!

I want to link this card up to these additional challenges:

Die Cuttin Divas  –  Challenge # 228 Nautical

nautical-theme-regatta-children-s-wall-art

Lil’ Patch of Crafty FriendsChallenge # 15 Anything Goes

LPOCF challenge Badge

Jo’s Scrap ShackFun Friday Challenge # 100

FUNDAY FRIDAY

I sure hope that you will come and play along at 4 Crafty Chicks for their Nautical Challenge!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

Thanks for all the sweet encouragement I feel from you all!!

21 thoughts on “Guest Designing at 4 Crafty Chicks – week 2

Very cute card! I love all things nautical! Have a fabulous day!

I am loving this card! The wonky sentiment mimics the waves, which by the way are beyond cool. Always love your use of pattern paper. You ROCK!!!! hugs, :)

Great card, Taunya! Nice use of that chipboard anchor you found. It’s amazing what we’re storing in our craft areas, isn’t it?

Leslie S. says:

That is a really cute card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin’ Divas this week.

Leslie

Carla Hundley says:

Your anchor card is so
    neat looking! Love the
    water.
    Carla from Utah

Leanne says:

Girl this is awesome, love the anchor, wonderful job for Tina’s week, and the ribbon nice touch, Wowee! LOVE it! Hugs!

Pat (mspfd) says:

Awesome! Gorgeous card, Taunya!

Lisa says:

Taunya – I love this card!!! Drop me an email on our 4th challenge…

Gerda says:

What a gorgeous card!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda

What a beautiful card! I love nautical themes things and this is super! Congrats on your guest designer spot!

Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope you will join us again next challenge.

Kelly- LPOCF DT

Jo says:

This is beautiful …. i love that sentiment and its so very true!
    Thanks so much for playing along in our 100th Funday Friday challenge and good luck on the prizes up for grabs!
    Jo
    ♥ Jo’s Scrap Shack ♥

L.B. says:

Very fun card and so cute. Thanks for joining us at DCD this week.

Fabulous card…just fabulous! I love your over sized anchor and all those wonderful pieces of ribbon tied to the top, just beautiful. Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend!

Yay, yay, yay on the guest design spot! Congratulations!! Love the anchor and how you tied it in to symbolize “hope”.

Georgiana says:

Love your anchor with all the ribbon! Thank you for joining our “Nautical” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson’s Creations •
    Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

Kellie 0:) says:

What a cute card of hope. TFS and joining us for the 100th Funday Friday challenge.

Loving that texture/froth from the torn paper and what a great anchor, such a big statement piece!

I am catching up as I have been away. I LOVE this card. I think it is a new favorite of mine from you. The way you did the water is so cool and I LOVE your fun anchor. The touches of ribbon at the top and the sentiment are just PERFECT. Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Tamie Camp says:

Wahooo! I simply love how you created the waves with the paper and that anchor is super, super rockin. so glad we are showcasing your creativity this month. You rocked my challenge this week.

Tamie 4CC

Ellen H. says:

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog!!
    I really like this cards so thought to give a big YAY here!! 😀

Cheering the find of your chipboard anchor and I adore that it’s the star of the show! So eye-catching! Of course, the knots and the waves play impressive supporting roles! Simply fabulous! I missed the challenge as I was at my mom’s, but I’ll be keeping my eyes wide opened for the next one! So thrilled you’re the GD…your talents truly do warrant being showcased there..and everywhere!!