Autumn & Christmas in the same post

Well, before I have lots of friends over for a get together I wanted to make and post a couple of cards!!

Here is the first card –

autumngratefulsig

To make this card I used a classic SU! set called Fantastic Foliage – it always makes me think of Autumn!! I tried to rock n roll the leaves – some turned out better than others!! I embossed the edges of my cardstock, the word grateful and the cute, little acorn up in the corner on that mini banner in gold!! Vellum scraps were used and I covered the glue on the vellum with the sequins!!!

This Autumn card is linking up to:

Just Us Girls Challenge# 304 Word Week: Autumn

Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 1.05.33 PM

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge # 280

SSSC280

This is the sketch that I followed for my card design!

And for the second card I made – A square Christmas card with 2 snowmen:

squareholidaysig

This card is 4″ by 4″ on kraft cardstock – I used an old SU! Christmas set to stamp the 2 snowmen! Embossed the greeting in white on a scrap of red vellum!! Tried to watercolor but I forgot to stamp the image on watercolor paper so it did not go so well!! Anyways – I think it turned out ok – what do you think?? Is it too early for these kind of cards??

Linking my Christmas creation up to the following:

Paper Players – It’s Hip to be Square Challenge # 256

pp256

I made this a square card!!

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown August Sketch Challenge

Julies sketch 2015

I followed this sketch on my square card!!

Craftyhazelnut’s Christmas ChallengeCHNC #240:Two of something

red star header with text

My card has TWO adorable snowmen on it!!!

And, that, my friends is how I celebrated Autumn AND Christmas all in the SAME post!!!

Hope you have a BEAUTIFUL day – thanks for coming by!!!

14 thoughts on “Autumn & Christmas in the same post

WOW….I see you have been spending lots of time in your craft room again! These are so sweet and I love them both. Your fall card is simply stunning with those beautiful leaves and your adorable Christmas card is as cute as can be with that fabulous pair of snowmen. Just love them and have fun with your guests today.

It’s never too early for holiday cards. Lovely Autumn card! Those snowmen are so cute and love, love, love the sentiment stamp!!! Thanks for the smile today missy!!! hugs, :)

I really love those leaves and the softness of them in the first card. And what a great image and great coloring on the second!

I’m not ready for fall or winter but both of your cards are gorgeous!

Patricia H. says:

The Design Team at 52CCT think it’s *never* too early for Christmas cards! :) Thanks for sharing your cheery snowmen with us and playing along in our August sketch challenge.

I too am in the process of making autumn/thanksgiving and halloween cards. It’s great to have some ready to go when you need them. I love the gold embossing on your autumn card. It’s so pretty! Your Christmas card is so fun and cheery! The snowmen are adorable! I think that you did a great job watercoloring!!! Love the use of vellum strips on both cards.

Definitely never too early for Christmas cards! Especially gorgeous snowmen like these! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

Nance Leedy says:

Great cards–it’s never too early for Christmas cards! You did a wonderful coloring job on the snowmen and I really like the colored vellum for the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Hazel says:

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 240 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August – I’d love to see it there too. x

Lisa says:

This is an adorable Christmas Card!! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!!

Especially like the embossing & use of vellum on the Autumn card. Always a great idea to cover the glue with sequins, gems or other such embellishments.
    Melissa
    “Sunshine HoneyBee”

jaydee says:

Great way to combine challenges and those snowmen are adorable! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

Super CAS card – love the kraft background and that image is just fab! I do like the red vellum sentiment too! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah

Such a pretty autumn-leaf card – incentive to bring mine out…if I can remember where I put them! As for your snowmen: how cute are they! Too early for Christmas cards? No way! Check out the MUSE Christmas challenges and Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenges – people have a real head start on theirs. As for me: ummmm…I think I have two *grin* Yet again, inspired and inspiring!
    hugs~c