SeaShells

I made another card yesterday while I was watercoloring – I created this:

seashellssig

I will be sending this card to the Beach – any beach, cuz I long to be there!!

To make this card I used the Stampin’ Up! set Stipple Shells – I stamped everything in Night of Navy ink and then using ink refills of Apricot Appeal, More Mustard, and Cameo Coral (I don’t have Calypso Coral) I watercolored the shells in – I think they mostly turned out ok – the tiny shells have the More Mustard but I am not sure that color stands out!! I ripped the edge and added REAL SAND from our trip to a BEACH around the shells! A SU! I miss you sentiment completes it! There was minimal masking involved!

I am linking up to these challenges –

Colour QChallenge # 301

cqc301

Stampin’ RoyaltyChallenge # 288: By the Sea

I love SR Badge

Because seashells are found by the Sea!!

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge # 255 Summer Fun

ttgrabbutton

My choice of Summer Fun is finding Seashells at the beach!

DL. ART – Thankful Thursday Challenge # 161 “Summer Time”

IMG_4159DianaMLarson-7-22-15-1128p

I wish I could spend all my Summer time at the beach looking for seashells!

Crafty Gals CornerChallenge # 30 Anything Goes

Challenge Badge

Well, I am excited that you came by and I wish I could send you away with a plate of cookies!! Alas, I cannot, but I do have a giveaway coming up soon!! Be on the lookout for that!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

15 thoughts on “SeaShells

Pat (mspfd) says:

Oh my, this is gorgeous, Taunya. Such elegant simplicity!

jerrie says:

I am liking the seashell card. We must be of the same mind set today. I just bought some seaside paper.

Angela says:

A plate of cookies sounds lovely :) love your seashell card.

Such a gorgeous card!!! I hear the beach calling your name….. hugs, :)

Lol…would love to be at the beach! Pretty card, my friend! Have a good night!

Lovely “missing you” card. And you used REAL sand on it? How did you adhere it? I think the soft colors of your shells is perfect!

These seashells are gorgeous! Love how you colored them!
    ~D

Judy V says:

Beautiful card! Love your water coloring! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

I long to be at the beach too, and thankfully I WILL be this coming weekend. Yay! You completely and beautifully captured Alexa’s favorite part of going to the beach — the seashells! The watercolor design makes me think of ocean waves and just relaxing with my toes in the sand. Thank you so much for my birthday wishes, by the way. :) You definitely know how to make a girl feel special!

How beautiful!! I love how you watercolored these to with the distress ink. As for the beach? Not me anymore. Too many bad things happen to your skin when you are laying out in that sun!!! I am tired of having things removed from my skin. I think you could also enter this in AAA Cards-“It’s so hot” theme. This would count in my book!! Thanks for sharing!!

Taunya….this is so beautiful. Love your gorgeous shells and they are so pretty in this week’s ColourQ colors. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

This is so pretty. Love your coloring.

Karen P says:

Beautiful! Another one going on my Pinterest board – love that stamp! Need that stamp – awesome work! Karen

…THUD! Jaw dropped in awe at the elegance of your shells, Taunya! They are beach beautiful and convey beach bliss in every way! The colours are perfect and adding real sand…yet more evidence of your ingenuity! Love this immensely!
    hugs~c

AJ says:

Gorgeous card. I have this same stamp set, but usually use them individually – you have done a wonderful job using them all together. I love the color scheme you chose.