Enjoy Today – A card for the First Day of School

Yes, I played for a little while in my craft room today – it was quite dreary here – liked it, but that is because I like the rain. But it was definitely a stay home and be in your PJ’s all day kind of day for me!!

I was playing around with some challenges and came up with this card for my granddaughter on her First Day of school –

enjoytodaysig

I will have her parents give it to her on the morning of that much longed for First Day!!

I created this card with washi tape from Doodlebug Design – all 4 of them are part of the Back to School Collection! They are called Apple a day, Tape Measure, School Stripe, and  Colored Pencils!! Aren’t they all adorable??!!!!!!!

For the stamping on this card I used A Penny Black set called Sweet Wishes – it is primarily a Birthday set but I used the 2 sizes of stars and the Enjoy Today sentiment for this card!!

I colored the stars in with a Prismacolor yellow marker and then I added some bling – gems,  by my stars!!

I want to link up to the following challenges:

Clear It Out ChallengeTheme: One Layer / Stash: Washi Tape

Shopping Our Stash# 212 Diamonds’ are a Girls Best Friend (use bling)

SOS badge (1)

Crafty Creations Challenges# 294 Four (use 4 of something)

CCC_Badge (1)

I used 4 different Washi Tapes, I stamped 4 stars and added 4 gems!!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday ChallengeAnything Goes (showcasing Penny Black products)

wednesdayblog-logo (1)

I used the Penny Black set called Sweet Wishes for my sentiment and the stars!!

I am so excited to give this card to my granddaughter – she is adorable and such a sweetheart!! She AND her sisters add so much wonderful-ness to my life!!!

AND YOU DO TOO!!! Thank you for all your support!! I love having you follow my blog – if you are new I would be thrilled to have you follow me – either through Bloglovin’ or by email!! You can sign up in my sidebar!! I have a giveaway coming up real SOON!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!! Hope you find time to make something one-of-a-kind, super special for someone you care about!!

20 thoughts on “Enjoy Today – A card for the First Day of School

Angela says:

What a lovely idea!

Mandy LaCroix says:

I love this!!! You are rocking the Doodlebug Design papers! :) smashing job , Dahhhling!!!

A http://www….this is so sweet, and what a good grandma you are! Your granddaughter is going to feel so special when she gets this card! It will be the perfect beginning of a new school year!!! Great job, Taunya, as always!

Very cute card! Your granddaughter will be so pleased and proud.

This is so cute! Love all the school motif! The stripes are fabulous! My classroom is nearly set up! Yay!
    Hugs, Debbie

Lin says:

I love a card with Washi and I love Doodlebug ones! This is a great bright colorful card, sure to make your Granddaughter smile, Taunya! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

You are the best grandmother, Taunya! So thoughtful of you to create this sweet card. I love how you used the washi tapes. Such a fun and perfect design. When does your granddaughter go back to school? Alexa has until 9/2, so a bit less than a month. :)

Mendi Yoshikawa says:

Such a great card! I adore Back To School themes and I love how you used the washi tapes. I sometimes forget to pull those out. 😉

Carol S says:

Your Granddaughter is going to love this Taunya and you are so kind to make it for her. I hope her first day at school is all she is wishing for!
    Hugs
    Carol x

How sweet that you made your granddaughter a first day of school card. I also like that she WANTS to go back to school. Charlotte-not so much!! (neither do I for that matter.)

I love the way you used the Washi across the front of the card and then accented with the fun pencils. Your granddaughter is going to love this!!

Milka says:

Beautiful card! 😀 Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges this fortnight. I hope to see you again. 😀
    Milka DT

Oh….this is just so sweet. Love all those sweet school goodies you added.

Carla Hundley says:

Too cute and
    great designs on it!
    Carla from Utah

abusybee says:

So so fun! Love this cute design! We have been back to school for almost 2 weeks! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

Becca Cruger says:

With a Grandma like you, I don’t know how she couldn’t enjoy every single moment of her life! You are beyond awesome to create this bright, fun creation to cheer her on as she has her first day. So cute!

Such a cute card, and I love all the washi tapes you used. Gosh, it is time to think about school again already!

Kara Lynne says:

Wonderful idea, Taunya, to make a card for the first day of school! It’s so special! I love those colorful washi tapes and your fantastic layout!

DonnaLee says:

Fab card and I love love love that washi tape!
    Thanks for bringing the bling and for joining the crew at Shopping Our Stash for our “Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend” challenge!

Deena says:

What a perfect back to school card. You executed that one to a tee. Fabulous. Thanks for joining in the bling challenge at shopping our stash!

Your grand-daughter will love, love and love this card, not only because it’s darling, but because YOU, her awesome grandmother, made it specially for her! So heart-warming! My Ms. T begins kindergarten this September. I can’t believe how quickly she’s growing up! We spent plenty of time ‘playing’ in one of the preschool workbooks/colouring books she has! She’s beginning to read, so that has me super thrilled (yes, once an English teacher, always an English teacher), mainly because pretty soon she’ll be able to text me! I need to make her some special ‘starting school’ things…and you’ve definitely sparked ideas!
    hugs~c