Plain White Tee

Played around this afternoon with adding denim to a card and this is what I came up with!

plainwhiteteesig

I used a hem from a pair of jeans for part of the layers and stamped and pieced jeans for the boy to wear!

Stamped the boy with the Crayon Kids set from Stampin’ Up!! – an old set but one I will always love!! Cut out a plain white Tee for him to wear and pieced that on, as well!! Colored him in using my Zig markers! I stamped the sentiment and embossed it in white!

I am linking this card up to the following challenges:

Mojo Monday# 408 Tall & Skinny Sketch

zzMojo408

I used the wood veneer piece in place of the circle and the hem of the jeans instead of the strip of paper portrayed by the green in the sketch!!

City Crafter Challenge BlogWeek 272: Create A Masculine Birthday card

Screen shot 2015-05-19 at 8.49.09 AM

Hope this card is sufficiently masculine!!

Cardz 4 GuyzChallenge # 81 Something that starts with “T”

cardz4guyz

I created a plain white Tee (Tshirt) for my boy to wear – hope that counts!!

Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeNo Ordinary Paper

mondayblog-logo

I used denim instead of paper – that is out of the ordinary – right?? I hope this counts for this challenge – if not, I understand

Okey Dokey, that is it for me for now – I will be back because I have another card that I made that I want to share with you!!

I am so glad you came by – please leave me some love – I always SMILE when you do!!

I hope you are doing BEAUTIFULLY!!! Have a great day!!

15 thoughts on “Plain White Tee

So darn cute! When I saw the title for your post I was sure you must be talking about the band, Plain White Tee’s, they sing Hey There Delilah. Such a fun song. But back to your card, just love that you used denim on your card, so clever and so much fun too. You are always coming up with such fabulous and fun ideas!!!

Julee says:

Such a darling card! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Cute card! I have a whole sack of worn-out denim jeans waiting for a craft project or two (or three!). Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Love the denim as is that cute little stick figure guy! Fabulous masculine card!
    Glad you had time to play today! I’m waiting for my project to dry so I can finish and upload! Hugs, Debbie

You are brilliant–actual denim on a card. I love that idea. What a sweet design.

Jane Willis says:

What a fun card – love the idea of using real denim. We crafters waste nothing! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz
    Jane

Kara Lynne says:

I love that you used the jean material! Those crayon kids are classics, I remember a friend of mine got them before I was stamping much. I wonder if she’s still stamping, hmm, maybe they are just sitting somewhere in her closet… Okay, back to the card, Kara! I love your paper piecing and the wood veneers are the perfect touch!

Cazro says:

Thanks for sharing your card with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

You’re definitely a fearless crafter Taunya! I love how everything you try turns out amazing! You have wonderful ideas and always provide great creative inspiration. This card is so fun! Adding the denim was very clever!

Stella says:

A cute and FAB take on our theme! I love his denim jeans! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

Awesome, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Helen says:

Love the fabric you’ve added to this – a great idea.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Oh my gosh! That denim is so darned cute! Love that cutie patootie too! Thanks for the evening smiles!

Ros Crawford says:

What a fun masculine card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

DENIM?? Well, how ultra cool, clever and yes, innovative is that…and it works to a ‘t’ for this image you’ve selected. Awesomeness, my friend…total awesomeness! I’m stoked with how brilliant this is…