Another Two for One

This morning while no one was stirring except the hubby and I – he went off to work and I went to my craft space – I created 2 cards!!

I have tried all day to get decent pictures but I guess – WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get)

Here is card # 1 :

startriosig

This card was made by diecutting 3 circles in my top panel and then stamping it!! I put the panel on foam tape and the circles with the stars are recessed in the circles!! I used Old Glory, a much loved, OLDER, set from Stampin’ Up! and my ink colors are Real Red and Brilliant Blue! Have you ever wondered if you can die cut denim – well, the answer is YES, that is what my banner is cut out of!!

I am linking this card to the following challenges:

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge # 275

SSSC275

Retro Rubber Challenge Blog # 17 Get Fired Up!! – 4th of July

rrcb17

Mountain Plains CraftersSummer Challenge 2015: Nautical or Patriotic

mpc summer 2015

House that Stamps BuiltColor Challenge: Red, White and Blue

colorchallengeRI

Crafty Creations Challenge # 292: Red, White &/Or Blue

CCC_Badge

Little Miss Muffet Challenge # 115: Red, White, and Blue

lmms-square-title200

And now, My # 2 card:

watermelonsig

This card was made using white cardstock, paper scraps and an OLD Stampin’ Up! set called Seasonal Solids ! The watermelon stamp was colored onto with Real Red and Glorious Green and then stamped!! And a gingham bow completes it!!

I am Linking Up to these challenges:

Just Us GirlsChallenge # 299: Inspiration Week

JUGS299

Retro SketchesRS # 170

rs170

House of CardsJuly Challenge: Food &/Or Color Inspiration

FreshCutColor

Well, there you have it – 2 cards linking up to lots of challenges!!

Thank you for your support!! Love having you drop by!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!!

P.S. Guess What?? It is almost retreat time for me again & you know what that means, right??? Lots of treat notes and cutesy things to make for my fellow retreaters and I will share all the ideas that I do WITH YOU!!!!

Just a little something to look forward too!!

31 thoughts on “Another Two for One

Pat (mspfd) says:

Super take on the sketch. Great technique!

Cute as can be, Taunya! Love that sketch you used :) So glad that you joined us at The House that Stamps Built, too – good luck!!! Thanks for sharing your darling patriotic card. Hugs!!!

Another two great creations! How clever to have added the denim banner!!! It makes for a very unique textural element. I love how well everything coordinates on your watermelon card. Gorgeous!!!

Oh my Miss Taunya…so many challenges for your pair of wonderful cards. I love the fact that you actually cut a piece of denim to use on your card, so stinkin’ clever my friend! Your second card with that sweet piece of watermelon looks so yummy. Wishing you and your family a happy and festive 4th of July!

Katy says:

A sweet patriotic card for our upcoming holiday. Well done on combining these challenges. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber. Hope to see you often in our gallery!

Fun card. I like stripy circle piece. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week. Cx

These cards just shine with summer sweetness, Taunya! I think you must be one of the fastest cardmakers around. You always seem to create at least two cards when you have some time in your craft room. I’m in awe!

Kara Lynne says:

Oh Taunya, it’s been too long since I’ve visited! I’ve missed your lovely blog. Both of these cards are wonderful images of summer! I love that you cut your banner out of denim, and that watermelon is a classic!

Maria Levine says:

Great card! Love the watermelon! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

D~DesignsByDragonfly says:

Both your cards are wonderful. LoVe them. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

How nice you got to spend some time in your craft room. These two cards are wonderful. Great color scheme.

Such a cute CAS design! I love how you colored the stamp and then stamped it, great effect. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Love how you combined the challenges! Thanks so much for doing the Retro Rubber challenge!

Terri Burson says:

Haha, I just might have to coin that abbreviated phrase, LOL. I know the feeling….sometimes it’s take it or leave it! So fun and love that you cut denim! I haven’t tried that. Thanks for joining the MPC Summer Challenge!

Terri Burson ~ MPC Design Team

Both are so fun and festive, Taunya! I LOVE them! I hope you link your watermelon up with us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Neva Cole says:

Very fun patriotic card! Thanks for playing along with us at RRBC, and sharing about your retro images!

I LOVE the first card. It is really cool with the red stripes and the stars in the middle of the circle. And you entered ALL THOSE CHALLENGES!! WOW!! I wouldn’t know that even if these blogs existed!! Your second card is so sweet. Love the green and pink. You rock using your old sets. I need to start doing this!!

Wow, good for you getting TWO cards made before anyone else was even up. That’s a great way to start the day. : ) They are both very cute and I love that you used actual denim on the first; perfect touch. Thanks for playing with us at The House that Stamps Built.

Jane Knudsen says:

Great card! I love the rustic look of those stamps and how you combined all those challenges so well! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!!

Donna Nuce says:

Love your watermelon card. The polka dots and the check ribbon are perfect together! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards challenge blog.

vanessab says:

Two great cards. Great take on the sketch for the first and the 2nd is adorable.

Paula says:

nicely done and eventhough MPC called for nautical/patriotic, I really like the watermelon card! Thanks for playing along with us

Donna says:

What a sweet watermelon card and everything is so coordinated. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards. Donna HOC DT

Sheryl Kemper says:

I love your cards. Super cute. Thank you for playing with us at Mountain Plains Crafters. Good Luck.

Great cards and I especially LOVE the denim banner on the first card …. Great job !! The watermelon card has a fabulous folk art feel—LOVE it !!! Thanks so much for joining in with the MPC gals for our Challenge !!

Great card – combining the challenges is not always easy and you did a fantastic job! Love the denim banner!! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber and hope you will play with us again soon!

Melissa says:

This is a love,y card.
    Thanks for joining us at LMMS challenge

Fun little watermelon fruit card! I love that little gingham finishing touch! Thanks for playing along with over at House of Cards!
    Take Care!
    Michele, HOC DT

Toni says:

Great interpretation, Taunya! Your card captures summer perfectly!

Toni
    HOC DT

Daen'Ys says:

Your watermelon card is the perfect image for the hot summer weather right now! – so fresh and fruity! Love the denim banner on your first card. Both are fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at the House of Cards Challenge.
    Hugs, Rosi