Sunflowers Thank You

Alrighty, Coming in with one more card I made today –

thankssunflowersig

For this card I stamped Watercolor Garden stamps from SU! in Summer Sun and then “rock & roll”ed in More Mustard. Close to Cocoa for my centers and  Garden Green for stems and leaves. did some masking to create my bouquet and I fussy cut around my flowers and put foam mounting tape on them before putting them on the front of the card!! Tied a twine bow around and added a stamped Thanks – also in Close to Cocoa ink!!

Linking up to these challenges:

Always Playing with Paper The Challenge # 36 {Theme Challenge – Celebrating Teachers}

May Theme Challenge

I used the sunflowers in the picture as the focal point for this card!!

Make My Monday Challenge Use Kraft Card

My flowers are on a kraft card base – hope that counts!!!

SSS Simon Monday Challenge Challenge: Thank You

mondayblog-logo

Well, I hope you have enjoyed the cards I made today – THANKS SO MUCH for popping in!!

18 thoughts on “Sunflowers Thank You

Girl, you are a creative machine! Another one? You are amazing! I haven’t rock and rolled in eons! Must remember to do that. Thanks for reminding me! Your cad is so sweet…who wouldn’t love finding this in their mailbox? Hugs!

Pat (mspfd) says:

Love sunflowers. What a wonderful thank you card!

Three wonderful cards in one day, WOW!!! This one is so sunny and cheery! Who doesn’t love sunflowers? Very pretty!

So pretty, Taunya! I LOVE those blooms–fab fussy cutting, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

I love to “rock ‘n’ roll” my stamps! Love your cheery flowers.

Carol S says:

Love you kraft card Taunya and the sunflowers are so beautiful and cheery!

Michele F says:

Taunya!!! I’m so happy to pop in to thank you for both of your darling cards in The Challenge gallery this week!!! You are always too kind – but I look forward to every comment…
    =] Michele

jerrie says:

Taunya, your card is beautiful!! Love sunflowers and how they turn their little stems to follow the sun. They are such a happy flower!!

LOVE those sunflowers. I also like how you cut them out and placed them on the Kraft paper. Such a happy card!!

Another great teacher card. Very pretty flowers using the rock n roll technique! Thanks for playing again at The Challenge!

What a fantastic card. I am going to go over all your posts that I missed when I was busy with my daughter’s graduation, but will have to skip the comments or I will never catch up! Just know that I was here admiring your beautiful creations and I will hopefully be back to a regular schedule next week.

This is like having a freshly picked bouquet, but in paper form. Beautiful job with the color. I love how you popped the flowers off the card to give them dimension and added in the bit of twine. Sweet, sweet card! :)

Love the sunflowers! Perfect card with all the sunshine we are finally getting!
    Debbie

Virginia L. says:

Beautifully done! Love the image and the way you used them on kraft card stock is perfect!

Loving the rock and roll on the flowers and how the image really stands out against the kraft!

Very pretty! The sunflowers are beautiful and I love the kraft! My kraft cardstock is almost gone but I found a pad of patterned kraft in my stash and the B side is plain so now I have kraft again.

Darnell says:

You were on a roll, Taunya! I love all three cards that you posted today! In fact, like your girlies, they made my heart happy!! Hugs, Darnell

Sunflowers…happy sighs in seeing these! You’ve sparked a memory of the huge (because we were kids at the time), towering sunflowers that grew in my grandparents’ garden in northern Alberta; some had heads the size of pie plates! One year, my grandfather showed us how to make our own sunflower seeds, soaking them in saltwater, roasting them in a slow oven and adding a bit more salt when they were done. Oh my, but they were delicious! As you can imagine: love x love your card. More happy thoughts!