Stenciling, Sponging, and Splattering – Oh, My!!

Spent a little time in my craft room today making some more Masculine birthday cards!!

I used this mini well rounded stencil from The Crafter’s Workshop

CWminiwellroundedstencil

I took a kraft paper card base and using SU! inkpads Olive Green and Taken with Teal I sponged color onto the card in a line (of sorts)! I then took the Teal reinker and added water in the lid – got some on a paintbrush and splattered it on to the card!! A sentiment was added with SU! Chocolate Chip ink!

Here is how it turned out –

olivetealbdaysig

Linking up to these challenges –

STAMPlorations Blog Flash Stencil Project Linky Party – used a stencil

City Crafter Challenge BlogWeek 262 ~ Inky -Nes”S”  We want you to get a little messy and create a project that features

One or more of the following techniques –Smooching, Stencilling, Splattering, Sponging
CityCrafter
The Male RoomChallenge # 10 Colours (dark olive green, dark teal and kraft)
CHALLENGE#10
SSS Simon Wednesday Challenge – Simon Says Stencil It We are showcasing THE CRAFTERS WORKSHOP PRODUCTS this week. You don’t have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used on your creations!
wednesdayblog-logo
 So Super excited that you stopped by – Hope you are enjoying this day!!!
Thinking of YOU and Smiling!!!

15 thoughts on “Stenciling, Sponging, and Splattering – Oh, My!!

What a great card!! Really like the fun way you used the stencil. The colors rock!! I like that you made it a more masculine looking card. I always have such a hard time with masculine cards. Thank you for sharing!!

Darnell says:

This is a great artsy card which is so on-trend, Taunya, and so great for the challenges! I hope you enjoyed the long weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

I like it! Cool splatters, stenciling and color combo! Way cool!!! hugs, :)

Fabulous grungy design! The colors are great–wonderful card for a guy!

This is awesome! What a wonderful stencil, too! All in one? Love your card, Taunya – it’s so hard to make a good manly card, and you have aced this one. Thanks for sharing with us, and for smiling! Yep, I can tell – love that beautiful smile, my friend! Hugs…

Oh….you are so brave! So many fabulous techniques on one fabulous card. Just perfect for any guy!

Virginia L. says:

Oh how delightful! I love seeing how you used this stencil so creatively, Taunya! GREAT idea for making a masculine card! The splatter effect is awesome! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Stencil It” Challenge!

Ros Crawford says:

It turned out brilliantly! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

~c says:

Looks like you’ve got ‘grunge’ nailed, Taunya! Such a striking masculine card: perfect guy images and colours! The splatters turned out marvelously (I so can’t do splatters…if I *have* to, I used a stencil…shhhh…don’t tell!). Again, another showcase of your amazing creativity!

Oh, I like this! I’ve never done the grunge style, but if I ever do, I hope it looks this good! Awesome stencil!

I’m loving the way you used the circles repeatedly on here. This is a great masculine card! :)

I do like the one layer card. Great grungy feel and I do like the stamps you’ve used. Super use of our colours. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Glenda J says:

Love the combination of the splatters and stencil! Really cool. Thanks so much for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Love this stencil!!! What a fabulous masculine card!
    Debbie

Colleen F says:

Fabulous masculine card! Great color choices too! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!