Simply Create Too – Favorite Color Combo

Hello there, I know I have been missing for a while!! I have been struggling, and doing lots of soul searching!! Just have not had a lot of time to be on the computer!! Things are a little better now – so we will have to see about posting again!!

I am posting today as a member of the Design Team of the Simply Create Too Challenge blog!

Challenge #85- FAVORITE COLOR COMBO
Starts  8, MAY 2015
Ends 22 MAY 2015

We want to say thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. We, the Simply Create Too Design Team, are thrilled that you like and enter our challenges. YOU are why we love creating and having the challenge blog!

ALSO AN ANNOUNCEMENT: WE ARE HAVING A DT CALL WITH THIS CHALLENGE! We are looking for 3-4 new DT members to join our awesome team! One of our long time DT membersPat Dadisman is stepping down due to personal reasons. Also a few members have been inactive for awhile. We wish Pat & the rest of them well! If you are interested in joinging the team please put “DT” after your name on your entry. The call will run for this whole challenge (2 weeks). New members will be announced midpost of the new challenge on May 29th.

DT Requirements:
1. Create 1 DT project a month following the theme.
 2. Post to your blog when the new challenge starts.
3. Comment on specific # of entries.
4. Have Fun!
If this sounds like something you may like please be sure to enter!

Come join us – WE WOULD LOVE to have you!!!

Here is my card –

primarycoloredbdaysig

My favorite color combo is Bright colors with the Primary colors being a BIG love of mine!!!

I did the Bleaching technique for the top blue panel and used the following SU! colors – YoYo Yellow, Ballet Blue, and Real Red!

Used an SU! set called “Smile” – another favorite of mine!!

The bleaching technique – the way I did it – in a small, flat, square plastic container that I could put the lid on – I put in there a square of thick felt and poured bleach onto and covering the felt square!! This became my inkpad – I then stamped with a spatter background stamp onto the blue paper!!!

Well, that is it for me for today and I can’t promise how soon I will be back but I will see you then!!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

15 thoughts on “Simply Create Too – Favorite Color Combo

Fabulous, simply fabulous card Miss Taunya! I love it and your favorite color combination too, so fun. Just wanted to let you know you are in my prayers, praying that you find what you are looking for. You are am amazing lady and a very kind soul with a heart of gold! Sending hugs your way!

Fabulous card, Taunya! I love the idea of using the bleaching technique to create a background pattern. Thanks for all your inspiration.

Sweet & fun card! Love the bright colors and the smiley face! Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week.

So happy to see you back! You made such a bright and cheery card! Such a lovely technique with the bleaching. As always, your card would brighten anyone’s day! Sending warm thoughts your way and wishing you as much joy as you bring to others. I look forward to your next post.

Nice to see you posting and creating. This is a wonderful card and a great example of a true Taunya card–love the whimsical and childish stamps and the fantastic color scheme. I have never tried stamping with bleach–sounds quite dangerous, but you make it all look worthwhile.

Woot woot – Taunya’s back! Mwah, Mwah, Mwah!!! Glad to see you back, and love your sweet, happy card, dear friend! I hope the folks at Simply Create Too know how lucky they are to have such a bright, shining star among them! Thanks for bringing a bright spot into this dismal, rainy, Missouri morning. Hugs!

Super cute card! The party hats are a hoot! Thanks for how you achieved the bleaching technique…different and it turned out real nice. So glad you are back at it my friend. hugs, :)

Such a bright and happy card. Love the colors and that smiley face. Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

That smiling face immediately put a smile on my face, Taunya! Look how fun and festive this card is. I’m loving all of the party hats too. Such a fabulous card! :)

This is adorable!! Love how you used the colors on this. That happy face makes me smile!! Great job on the bleaching technique. Thank you for sharing!!
    Nora

D~DesignsByDragonfly says:

Your card is wonderful. I loVe that set, too. I haven’t played with mine for a while. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Mendi Yoshikawa says:

This is one of my favorite color combos too! Really cute! :)

Oh what a super cute card with such fun colors!
    Debbie

What a fun, colourful, and happy card! Perfect for a celebration! The little smiley face is adorable! Glad you’re back to crafting and blogging! I have been taking a break from crafting/blogging myself, off and on, since my mojo has taken a trip somewhere and hasn’t returned! I hope my mojo comes back soon!

Everything about this card is infused with your ‘signature’ style, Taunya: sweet images, bright colours and a sense of whimsy that is purely your own! That smiley face is infectious; I’m sitting here wearing a big grin of my own! I, too, am sending prayers and hugs that your soul-searching has seen you arrive at a ‘destination’ that will make you happy. You’ve had a topsy-turvy last few months, so feeling the need to ‘question’ sure makes sense! Hopefully, you’ll continue to create and to blog; hopefully, doing so will bring you joy in the same way it does to us: in immense quantities!