Thinking of You – Watercolored

I played around in my craft room this afternoon – playing with some watercoloring ideas!!

I created this:

WCaveryellesig

The first one I tried is using a Kaleidacolor inkpad  – for this I used Desert Heat – I took the inkpad and inked up an acrylic block with it, then spritzed it with water. I took the acrylic block and applied the spritzed ink directly to watercolor paper. I did this with the Fresh Greens Kaleidacolor pad as well!!

The second thing I tried was using the spritzed ink on the block to ink up a stamp – it made a cool look on the rose I stamped from the Avery Elle Petals & Stems stamp set!! I also stamped the leaves on the Fresh Greens pad and made the leaves!

I used the Avery Elle Petals & Stems Elle-ments dies to cut out the rose and the leaves that I had stamped!!

Used a Signo white gel pen that I ordered from Stampin’ Up to trace the details of the rose!!

I used a Avery Elle Die to cut out the pinked rectangle and then I used Cameo Coral and Green Galore SU! cardstocks to add layers – and the floss I used for the accent and bow was from my stash, not sure of the color!!

The sentiment was stamped in a banner that was also from the Avery Elle die I mentioned above! I used a Versamark inkpad and white embossing powder on vellum with a sentiment from the AE Petals & Stems set!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

AEI♥U Challenge #23–Watercolor!

Avery Elle challenge23

Loves Rubber StampsChallenge 148: Add Flowers

and

Addicted to StampsChallenge #141: Anything Goes

I am really happy with how my watercoloring adventure went!! Excited to try even more!!

Thank you so much for coming by – Leave me some love so I know you were here!!!

Have a Beautiful Day!!

19 thoughts on “Thinking of You – Watercolored

Love the nice color combination in your card! Very pretty!

What a cool effect from your watercoloring adventure! This card is awesome. So glad you’re excited to do more, ‘cuz I would like to see more of your gorgeous creations. Hope you’re having a fantastic weekend.

Hi, Taunya! This is so cool because I played with watercolour today too! Yours looks great! Gorgeous stamps you used from Avery Elle, and matching dies! I am new to Avery Elle – I just received two of their stamp sets yesterday – so I checked out their challenge that you linked to, and I’m hoping to join in some future challenge. I find challenges so inspirational! I don’t know if I could create a card without a challenge to get me started. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

What a great watercolor card!! Love how you used the Kaleidacolor ink pad on this-the colors look so pretty. I also like how you stamped the leaves on green paper and embossed your sentiment on vellum. LOVE Avery Elle and have a few sets by them. HOWEVER, my cards do not look as good as this!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful talent.

Very pretty card, Taunya! Your techniques look beautiful…bet you had fun with this one! Thanks for sharing :-)

So pretty – love the colors – orange is my favorite! Thanks for playing at ATSM this week!

Carol S says:

This is so pretty Taunya and it looks really ‘artsy’. I love the stamped vellum and the beautiful floss!
    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Carol x

Denice B. says:

Very pretty watercoloring….makes for a wonderful imag, die cut and lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps, hope you’ll join us again soon.

Sarah says:

Simply stunning and I love your choice of colours. A great design and lots of attention to detail. Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATSM challenge

jerrie says:

Love it! Watercoloring is very pretty…I am kinda into it too!

Sandie says:

You rocked the water colouring and the colour choice is gorgeous, great design and so pleased you shared with us at ATSM

so…you caught the watercolor bug! I love it. Great color combos. hugs, :)

So pretty! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

D~DesignsByDragonfly says:

Oh I loVe this technique. Your card is sooo pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Jean says:

Lovely colors! Thanks for joining us at the AEI♥U Challenge.

I think this is lovely. I do like the pinked edges and the soft colours. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week.

Applauding your lovely water-coloured card; such a pretty background for your gorgeous bloom. Spring-time splendid! I’m so,so so done with even trying water-colour backgrounds…they don’t work for me and I wind up in knots, because I’m wasting paper and time doing something that I’m plain not successful with. I’m sticking to my inks and dies, and maybe, on occasiona, some water-colouring that happens ‘inside’ the lines! Actually, I’m glad I’ve come to that realization. Now, instead of ‘stressing’ about making what I can’t I can shift focus to what I can do. Your success with ‘new’ things always makes my heart smile!

Wow…what a fabulous card! I love how you used that ink pad (need to pick up a few of these babies), the look is incredible and those colors are simply stunning! Such a sweet way to let some one know you are thinking about them, just so sweet!

Love the oranges! The twine is a great touch!
    Debbie