Colour Q Challenge & Seize the Birthday – Tall & Skinny – Post 1

I needed some Birthday cards today so I hustled into my office and following these 2 challenges I made 2 cards!!

One of them is featured here and the other one will be in Post 2 for today!!

The challenges that I am linking up to are:

Seize the Birthday Challenge – Tall & Skinny Birthday Topping

seizethetoppings

and

ColourQ  Challenge # 287

cqc287

and

Just Add Ink# 259 Sequins

And This is the card I made for these challenges –

redballoon2sig

I used a new Penny Black set I ordered and the colors red, black, grey and white!! I watercolored the balloon and added a Wink of Stella to it also!! Doodlebug red sequins dressed this card up rather nicely!!

I am still working on catching up with my commenting – I will be by to visit you if I haven’t already!!

Please know that I think you are AMAZING and I appreciate you!!

Have a great day!!

17 thoughts on “Colour Q Challenge & Seize the Birthday – Tall & Skinny – Post 1

Virginia Lu says:

Fabulous TALL card, Taunya! Love the placement of sequins and stamping of the balloons! Hope you are doing well. xo

jerrie says:

Love it!! The pop of red rocks!

Very pretty! Great colour combo! The sequins add such a nice touch!

It’s always fun to see the unexpected…like a tall, skinny card! Great job, Taunya, as always! Thanks for sharing :-)

Love the design and shape of this card, Taunya! This is such a great mix of elements with the colored balloon, stamped banner and sprinkling of sequins! Beautiful work! :)

LOVE your design on this. The red balloon looks awesome and I like the addition of the red sequins. I also love that sentiment banner. It looks so cool!

Nancy Leppek says:

Super card! Love the depth you have created in your balloon and the added bling! Thanks for playing along with us over at Seize the Birthday and we hope to see you again soon!

So excited to see you at Just Add Ink!!! Your card is fantastic and its so good to see a card that isn’t the normal shape. Fabulous colour combo too and your rocking those red sequins. Hope you can come back to play another day!

Pat (mspfd) says:

Tall and skinny is a perfect size for enclosing a check or gift certificate. Awesome birthday card!

Black, white and red is such a classy colour combination. It’s great to change things up and make a tall, skinny card. Very creative design choices!

Patrice says:

Fabulous ‘tall and skinny’ card and love your chosen colour combo. Gorgeous red sequins, the perfect finish to any work of art 😉
    Thanks for joining the challenge fun at Just Add Ink this week. x

What a fabulous, fun, card Taunya! I just love how festive the red elements are – those red sequins are awesome. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Another fun birthday card. You are rocking the tall and skinny look. Love those sequins.

I love your tall and skinny card…wish it was that easy to do that to my body, LOL
    Your balloon is fabulous…love the your coloring too. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week.

Another great one! Loving the sequins and how you’ve tilted the sentiment banner up, I think that adds a bit to the feeling of height.

Oh, I love the tall card….never think to make those. The single balloon works so well with this size. Quite cute! hugs, :)

Your tall, slim card is ever so gorgeous! Love the happy balloon, so beautifully coloured, as the star of the stage! Such an eye-catching layout…simple, yet stunning! I’ve not created a tall card for ages…wait…I don’t think I ever have. Hmmm…with you as inspiration, I’ll be keeping my eye out for the next opportunity!