DoubleClick Skittles – use an Animal

I am shuffling in with a post for the DoubleClick Skittles – Challenge # 16: Use an Animal

Here is my card made with a SU! set called Wild Things and a matching wheel in 2 colors for the background:

elephantskittlessig

I used Skittles on this card – Pebble Glitter is the color of the ones I used!!

They can be purchased here

Because of all those torn edges I am adding this to the challenge over at Addicted to CAS – Challenge # 58: Distress

ATCAS - code word distress

Now I am off to tackle putting some laundry away and do last night’s dishes!!

Have a Beautiful and Way GOOD day!!!

12 thoughts on “DoubleClick Skittles – use an Animal

Last night’s dishes? Lol…you sound like me! Sometimes, I hurry so I get done before DH comes home :) Priorities, right? Your stickles card rocks, Taunya – what fun!!!

Hugs!

Cute card! It would be perfect to welcome a new baby. I’ve not used skittles before. May need to give them a try.

I like your priorities-craft first, then do the chores!! I don’t remember this set at all but it is really cute. And you used your WHEELS!! I never was good at using them so I got rid of mine years ago. I really like the torn paper edge on the focal point and the colors you used. Amazing card!!

Pat (mspfd) says:

Adorable card! Cute stamp and wonderful colors. Love the addition of the skittles.

Becca Cruger says:

Who needs dishes and laundry when there is stamping to be done?! :) This is a great design. I like the bright, fresh color scheme and the whole thing just gives off an awesome tribal air.

Taunya: one truly fabulous card! Your elephant is charming and I agree with Becca: the combination of colours and ‘supporting images’ (sounds like players on a stage *grin*) are tribal-air- amazing! The torn edges add such a special touch and since you’re ‘distressed’ the images, I’m thinking you should be sharing this gem at Addicted to CAS. I’ve gone back and forth several times while writing, as I’m just so caught up in what you’ve created. Something mesmerizing about it; gives me a feeling of ‘wholeness’…which is hard to put into words, but that’s what it is! Yes indeed, a most ‘you’ infused card…
    ~c

abusybee says:

These look like some great stamps! Love how you used the skittles! I also have dishes in the sink, but as you can see I am blog hopping around, I am sure to regret it tomorrow when I get home from work and there will be 2X the amount for me to wash! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

When I first read Skittles, my first thought was candy. Shows you what I know about stamping. LOL! I like THESE Skittles way more than the candy version, plus they have no calories. :) Love the sweet elephant and how you grounded the image design to the card base with the matching roller stamps. I love seeing all of the different techniques you use. One of these days I may not be scared of stamping any more. LOL!

Beth F says:

I really like all of the stamps you used on your card. Thank you for joining the DoubleClick Skittles Animal Challenge!

This is so sweet. I love that stamp set and your elephant is just adorable. Your background and use of skittles is just fabulous. Wishing you a fabulous weekend!

Taunya, This is wonderful! Love the added Skittles! Your soft colors look fabulous together!
    Debbie

jaydee says:

Love the soft colors and those distressed edges add so much texture So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee