Stenciling & Blending Challenges – Card 1

I am sneaking in again while my cute little girlies are sleeping!! At the end of this post there are two pics of some things we have done while my son and his wife have been gone!!

But for now here is my Stenciled & Blended card:

bluestencilsig

I used a stencil given to me by a friend and a Kaleidacolor Blue Breeze inkpad!! This was a fun guy card to do –

It is going to these two challenges:

# 1 One – Layer Simplicity ChallengeOLS13: You Blend! Since I blended, and sponged on the colors I think this fits!!!

# 2 Craft Stamper Magazine – Take It Make It Challenge: February (Stenciling) This card is ALL ABOUT the stenciling!!

So now for the pics I promised – we decorated doors for each of their parents!! Daddy’s office door and Mommy’s bedroom door! Here are pictures:

mom door

Mom door – it says “My Mom is Marvelous and Magnificent”

The m & m’s were cut out by the oldest granddaughter and I drew m’s on them and the two littlest ones had so much fun taping them on!!

daddoor

Dad door – it says “Our Daddy is Dino – Mite”

The girls colored dinosaurs and we cut them out and then taped them all over daddy’s door!!!

So, we have been doing letter days since I have been here –

the first day was K for Miss K girlie- we made paper kangaroos with a pocket,

and then we did P for Papa – this day was super fun, we had a pizza picnic at the park,

then came B for Butlers – we made little books about bears for this day,

We had an N for Nana day – and we Had a Nana Night and all slept together in Nana’s room,

next was D for Daddy – and this was when we decorated his door,

and today is M day – that is when we added m & m’s to mom’s door!!

Tomorrow is L is for Miss L girlie, and then on Tuesday we will do S for Miss S girlie!!!

We have just been doing so many fun things together – love my girlies!!!!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit – I am really glad you did!!!

16 thoughts on “Stenciling & Blending Challenges – Card 1

Sid says:

Great card with super techniques !

Pat (mspfd) says:

Sounds like your are having fun with the grandchildren. Great card, Taunya.

Those kiddos are so lucky to have a nana like you! What fun you are having! That is one awesome card! Your mix of stenciling and blending created a perfect greeting for someone special! Isn’t it so much fun to try new techniques? Hugs!

Renee Zarate says:

Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

Linda W says:

Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge ….. good luck! Linda xx

Love the decorated doors! Your blended look! Those colors are beautiful!
    Debbie

P.S. Did you happen to see who is sponsoring this week’s Cupcake Inspiration challenge this week? Newton’s Nook Designs! So hope you’ll have time to plan!

Taunya…looks like you have just have a blast with your grandchildern, so so sweet. And I am sure they love every minute with you. Your card is so sweet and I love all the beautiful blues you used. Enjoy your week!

What fun you are having with your granddaughters! You’re making precious memories together, and all the while they’re learning their letters. Bravo! Your blended card is fabulous. I have done just a few cards like this and I find it so satisfying when they turn out as nicely as yours has.

D~DesignsByDragonfly says:

OMGosh how sweet. LoVe those sweet doors. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

Love that TCW stencil, great blending too! And what fun you are having with the kiddies, I love it!

Aww!! I love the doors that you created with your grand babies!! They are adorable. Looks like you are having a blast!!

I love that fun card you created. The colors are so pretty!!

Ok…really cute stenciled card, but I must admit, I really enjoyed you telling how you have spent your days with the grands. How stinkin’ cute to have “letter” days. You must be one fun Nana. These are things those babies will never forget. hugs my friend :)

How did I miss this fabulous card?! Love the color combo and the mix of fabulous techniques. It’s so soothing and sooooo pretty! This is my new favorite (subject to change the next time you post, of course, LOL!) Looks like you’re having fun and sharing your love of crafting with your grandchildren. They are so lucky to have such a fun, playful grandmother. :)

Your card is fantastic and I love the decorated doors. Looks like you had such a fantastic time, and you are the best grandmother. Those kiddos are so lucky to have you.

This card is just COOL! Love the colors and shapes…it looks like a marvelous abstract painting! Thanks so much for sharing it at the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge!

Your stenciled/blended card is ever so handsome and striking (gotta use the ‘manly’ words, although I also consider it pretty and lovely!). Your Letter days with your grand-daughters…oh my fun-ness! Your innovative nature and spirit of spreading joy wherever you go is amazing…and infectious! Next time I spend a few days with my niece and nephew, I’m going to borrow a page out of your book and plan some ‘letter’ days, too! The door decorations are simply fabulous! How proud they must be when they ‘create’ something for mommy and daddy to love! You are such a blessing, dear friend…such a blessing!