Bee Mine

Okey, Dokey!!! I am so excited about this card I made – I will be linking it up to several challenges!!

Part of the reason for my excitement is that I used Doodlebug Design background papers and twine on it!!

Always love it when I actually use my Doodlebug stash and not just collect it!!!! **grin**

I used a “brand new to me” wood mounted SU! stamp set that had not even been mounted yet!! The set is called Just B!!  I stamped the B onto the BubbleGum background paper with VersaMark ink and then embossed with clear powder – made it shiny (don’t think you can tell from the picture, though) and then I fussy cut it out!!

The background was created using a Tim Holtz embossing folder called Burlap!

Hopefully you will “B” impressed by my card:

Bmine1sig

The challenges that this card is being linked up to are:

Loves Rubberstamps Challenges – Challenge # 135: The Letter “B” – use as many “B” named items on your project as you can!! I have used a Burlap background, bubblegum background paper, the letter “B”, a twine bow and a bumblebee!!

Addicted to Stamps – a challenge blog where they are on Challenge #128: Holiday  And my card fits as it is a plea for someone to be my Valentine!!

A2Z Scrapbooking Supplies – where the January challenge is: NEW TO YOU!!! And the new to me item I have used is the stamp set – Just B by Stampin’ Up!! Had not even been mounted to the wood!! I had to do that before I could use it!!

Uniko Studios –  They are on Challenge # 17: Love and Friendship! My card is all about love and friendship – as in will you be my love or my friend (whichever applies to the receiver)!

TIME OUT Challenges – It is Challenge #23: Valentine’s Day with the Optional Twist of Hearts  It is a Valentine with little hearts and arrows on the B!!

Thanks for “B”ing here and for taking a look!! I appreciate you!!

Another Happy Mail drawing will happen on February 11th — and I would love to add some new people to that group!! Please check out what Happy Mail is by clicking on the tab above by the Home and About tabs!!

See you soon – Possibly this evening if I can get the card done that is forming in my head!!!

Love to you – Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!!

20 thoughts on “Bee Mine

Adorable card, Taunya! I love anything bright and colorful, so you had me at the pink – right from the get-go! I’d be proud of this one, too – so sweet!!!! Way to use that Doodlebug stash, dear friend!!!

Pat (mspfd) says:

Love how you did the sentiment. Cute card.

Deepti says:

Kraft and pink looks cool together, I like the idea of bold B

LOVE that DB pink with the kraft. It is so fun!! Great job on using the Doodlebug and your new stamp. That texture on the background looks fabulous with the patterns too. Fabulous card.

So super cute. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Sandie says:

You should be happy with this, so full of wonderful texture and bright and cheery paper. Why not enter this into Uniko and Time Out

D Idlet says:

Love the embossed card! The colors are perfect. Thanks for joining a2z Scrapbooking.

So fun! I love how you created the sentiment. Love the texture on the base and the bright pinks, this one makes me smile for sure!

Virginia L. says:

You used the elements and supplies so fabulously! I often struggle with having too many cute supplies ( I know, First World problem–LOL)! I love the layering and embossed details! SWEET card, Taunya!

Sarah says:

Wow I love all that pop of pink here and what a stunning valentine card.
    Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at ATSM & Uniko Studio
    Sarah

Great card. Love the colour combo and the background embossing. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

Nikki

Ok….not sure how I missed this sweet card but it is just adorable. I love that cutie pie bee and your embossed background, just so perfect. Hope you have feeling better and had a wonderful day!

Sandie says:

Just seen you did add this to Uniko and Time Out-thanks for linking up xx

Pink and Kraft – such a fun color combo! Thanks for linking up with us at ATSM!

I LOVE a good pun! This is totally sweet! A perfect Valentine! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Love it!! Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking!

Beverley says:

This is fabulous, love that big B :) Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Studio challenge. Hugs Bev x

Ouch…your sweet card caused my jaw to drop again, and now I’m sporting yet another bruise *grin*! Because I’m running late, all the ‘good’ comments have been said (incentive to be less a slowpoke!), so I’ll add this: Your little bee, paired with the big B is utterly, totally, completely FABULOUS! Everything you’ve showcased here: perfect combination! Beaming at seeing this!

So sweet and uch a fab colour combination, Taunya … that little bee is such a cutie … so clever matching the image with the big B in the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)