Stamplorations Sketch Challenge # 26

So, it is Sunday afternoon and after spending some time in my craft room – I have a card to post about!!!

Even So-So cards need there time in the spotlight – so even though this did not turn out ANYWHERE near the image in my mind it was for a challenge so I am posting it!!!!

Here is my So-So card – (It really did look cool in my mind!!)

happyX3sig

I was going off of this sketch from Stamplorations

Bi-Weekly Sketch Challenge #26

stamplorationschallengesketch26-web

I have only one set from Stamplorations currently – The set I used is called Vignette: Retro Mod Shapes!!

I was seriously looking to use that one set to create a chevron look on my card!! I think it looks more like a feather or maybe a blob or maybe with a very big stretch for chevrons that match the sketch!!

The sentiment is from SU! I think – it was a garage sale purchase for the single stamp so not sure about its’ original home!!

So, sometimes things don’t work out but we have to keep going!! I am trying very hard not to categorize this card as a disappointment or an EPIC fail!! Just a learning experience, right?!?!??

Please visit again, I will be creating some more soon!!

In fact – I have a fun card made with some Doodlebug Products to share soon!!

9 thoughts on “Stamplorations Sketch Challenge # 26

What a fun and mod design. I also have that Stamplorations set–what you did with it is so fun, and I love the colors you chose.

Do you wear glasses?? Did you forget to up them on??? This is NOT a “so so” card or at least not in my humble opinion! I love your fabulous design and the colors, just perfect. I LOVE it!

I was once told that in card-making there are no mistakes – just opportunities! I try to consider my “mistakes” as an opportunity to learn. I just wish mine looked more like yours! I like your bright and happy card.

Love how you were using your stamps to create such a great graphic design! Hope your week is fabulous!
    Debbie

I agree with Kim! Nothing so-so about this! You created a perfect card! It’s happy, colorful, and what a great take on the sketch! Well done, Taunya!

Becca Cruger says:

I like the way your innovative mind thinks! Sometimes I just sit down with an idea, but something else happens. It’s definitely a cool mod card!

I think it looks cool, just like everyone else is saying! 😉 LOVE the fun colors and that sentiment font is perfect with the images you used! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Fun use of the images! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations!

I’m joining with the others: this is not a so-so card! Rather, I think you perhaps made a ‘punctuation’ error *grin* along with missing out a word or two. So my ‘editing’, based on this fabulous creation here, would read: so, so SWEET, or perhaps, so, so UNIQUE, or even, so, so SPLENDID…Do you detect a theme here, my friend? Your card is wonderful, and if you don’t believe me, check out what the other gals have said (especially Kim, whose comment has me giggling!). Love that you shared this; love seeing how inventive you are!!