Rainbow Happy Birthday

Does anybody remember me saying that I wanted to play with die cuts more and get better at using them – well here is an attempt I made –  I played with some Paper Smooches Dies today and made this card:

colorworld2sig

~~Please click on the picture to get a better look at it – I am not sure I got the right lighting~~

You know how you get a picture in your head of what something is going to look like and then it doesn’t?!? Well, that is how this turned out! I used watercolor pencils to color a strip of paper in ROY G BIV colors and then used a blender pen on them!! Then I lined up the Happy Birthday PS die and cut it out!! Used a clouds die – also from PS to get my cloud trio!! Then the “You Color my World” stamp is from PS as well!  I colored the word ‘color’ with markers and stamped the rest blue!

I made this card to go in the following challenge:

Paper Smooches – January 18-24 Anything Goes (wk3) challenge

Anything Goes PSS FINAL

SPARKS BADGE

One of these days after I play around a LOT more with my Paper Smooches products I am going to try for the monthly Guest Search they do over at Paper Smooches!! When I do that – you will see lots of Paper Smooches projects posted here!!

But I think I need some practice first and I need to spruce up my style – I feel like their designers are in a top-notch league of crafters!!

Thanks for coming by – I hope you have a RAINBOW day!!!

12 thoughts on “Rainbow Happy Birthday

I love the idea of coloring some paper with watercolor pencils and then die-cutting it. I’m definitely going to give that a try. I love the look of your rainbow words!

This came out adorable. I like how you created the letters with the watercolor paper. Your foray into die cutting is fantastic. I have toyed with trying for a guest designer shot too but am too intimidated, as well as only having a very limited supply for their products. Great job on the card design. I cannot wait to see more cards with die cuts on them!

Such a fun and beautiful technique, Taunya! This card definitely shines like a rainbow of happiness. :)

Kymona says:

Hey Taunya!! I love that you are taking on new things. Working with dies are soooo much fun. They add as much dimension to your project. You did an great job on this card. I can’t wait to see what other dies you will use.

Sometimes the best cards come from ideas in our heads that end up looking different! Your card is simply delightful, Taunya! Loving that rainbow of colors :-) hugs..

Patti says:

This is pretty!! I don’t know what was in your head but this is sweet! Taunya!! I really love how you colored the word color.

: )

Patti

Virginia L. says:

Oh… this card is so YOU, Taunya! The colors are DELIGHTFUL and the use of PS die is awesome here! Way to color the sentiment die! LOVE it!

Becca Cruger says:

Sooooo cute! Love the curved sentiment.

Love the rainbow sentiment and those sweet clouds!

Well…you totally are rocking the dies my friend. So much fun and what a sweet card too. Love those nice an big fluffy clouds and your rainbow of letters, just as sweet as can be. Hope you are having a wonderful week and looking forward to your next beauty!

I think YOU are a top-notch designer! I’m especially thrilled that you’re setting goals for yourself: first, to play more with dies (I’m addicted to dies…full on addicted!) and then to apply for GD spots with PS! Based on this card – which is just chock-full of rainbow happiness – we’ll be seeing you in that role very soon! You’ve worked magic with these dies. MAGIC I say! Happy dancing with the sweetness of this card…

Alice Wertz says:

love the rainbow greetings! so clever and delightful! awesome card! thanks so much for joining us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS!