Newton’s Nook Flash Challenge

Well, one of the stamp companies that I am really growing to love is Newton’s Nook – I only have one set of theirs but many more on the wish list!!

I have made many cards using my one set!

You can see them here and here!!

Right Now they are doing a Inky Paws Flash Challenge – Thank You theme and the winner gets a $10 store credit to their online store – it would be so cool to win so I could get some more of their stamps!

IPC_FLASH

My one stamp set that I do have of theirs does not have anything that I thought I could use for this theme! On the blog they said it was ok to use other stamps so I made this thank you card – using a heart stamp and some ombre stamping! The wire hearts were carefully fashioned out of some long ago purchased wire!! Both stamps (the heart and the Thanks) are from old Stampin’ Up! sets that the boxes broke long ago and they are stored with my loose stamps so I can’t tell you which sets they are from!! Sorry about that!!

ombre heart thanks 2 sig

I guess you could also call what I have done here second, third, and fourth generation stamping – I really like the colors and I am pleased with how it looks overall!! You’ll have to leave me a comment letting me know what you think!!!

Thanks for coming by and visiting!!!

Just a reminder I would love to have you on My Happy Mail list – click on the tab above (by the Home button) to see what it is all about!! It’s a new year and adding new people to the list would really make my day, my week, my month!!! Hope to hear from you soon!!!

17 thoughts on “Newton’s Nook Flash Challenge

Vera Yates says:

Lovely card, Taunya. And, thanks so much for your sweet note on my blog. I really appreciate it. xo

This is like a rainbow of happiness, Taunya (then again, everything you create is). :) I love how you created the background with the generational stamping.

Bev says:

Hi Taunya, Thanks so much for the wonderful comments you’ve left on my blog. So sweet of you! I love this distressed generational stamped card you’ve made. How in the world do you keep your lines so straight?! I pray hard every time I have to stamp in a row, lol! Love that you chose pink…just something happy about that color! Have a wonderful weekend. Great card.

Hello Taunya!! I hope you are keeping warm!! I LOVE your beautiful card!! The way you created the ombre is just fabulous. I also like the pink torn paper behind the large panel. Awesome job on digging out the wire to create your own hearts. That is why I am a hoarder!!! You never know what you are going to need!! This card is fabulous!

I love your rainbow of hearts…so cute. Genius on the wire hearts…I just happen to have some wire…would never thought of this idea!
    hugs, Penny

Oh my Taunya…this is just too darn cute. I love all your sweet hearts stamped in some many pretty colors, just the best way to say thank you. Nice to see you back to making cards and this is so sweet. I don’t own any of these stamps yet…need to take a peek. Enjoy your weekend!

Very nice card Taunya! I love the rainbow of colors you used. Very pretty!:)

SUPER darling, Taunya!!! LOVE the fabulous generational stamping and I adore the colors you used, too! HUGS and have a good week! :) Mynn xx

Beautiful card! Love your ombre technique! Thank you for leaving such lovely comments on my blog! I had a hard time finding you – your comments do not link to your blog or email address, but it was worth the search to see all of your gorgeous hearts! Love the torn edge too!

Me again! I knew I remembered seeing instructions on how to link your email to your comments – if you’re interested in doing that. I found these on my friend Donna’s blog: http://creativesmiles2.blogspot.ca/2014/02/two-blogger-tips.html

I’m not sure how you would go about linking your blog to your comments but if I see anything on that, I’ll be back :-) HTH!

Oh I love this! The wire heart is a perfect touch! Hoping you win the gift card to NND, so you can get more stamps from them! You deserve it!
    Hoping you are having a fabulous New Year!
    Debbie

Love those little hearts!!! Well done with the repetitive stamping!!!! Hugs!

Fantastic card, and I love your generational stamping. I can never get it to work for me. You’ve got some really lovely ombres going here.

Jen says:

Such a fun thank you card – I love the repeated heart pattern in different colors! Thanks so much for linking up to our Flash Challenge at Newton’s Nook Designs!

Very sweet! I don’t have any Newton’s Nook stamps – guess I need to look and see what fun I’m missing! Great card!!!

How sweet and heart-warming your ombre heart thank you card is! You’ve worked magic with your Newton’s Nook set, and oh, how I hope you win, because you’ll do outstanding things with whatever you choose! I’m in awe at how straight your hearts are…wow! I”m blown away by your creativity…

Pat (mspfd) says:

Wonderful colors and design. Your handmade hearts are delightful and a great additional.