One Design – 2 Cards

One day I was making a birthday card in pink for a niece of mine and decided to see what I could do to make the same card for a nephew!!

All I changed was one color in the design – see what you think?!?

Birthdayboyorgirl

If you click on the picture it will enlarge it so you can see some of the details I added to this fun card!!

I changed everything that had been pink to blue and kept the bow off of the boy card!! I had fun creating this and seeing how I could change it!

The stamp set is from Stampin’ Up! and I used the SU! ink colors Pink Passion, Lavender Lace and Green Galore –  changing out the pink for Tempting Turquoise!  All these colors have been discontinued now but I used what I had!!

I hope this post gave you some ideas about a card design that you could tweak just by changing a color on it!!

I am just 2  away from having 100 blog posts!! I am so excited and to celebrate I will be hosting a giveaway!!

Be sure to stop back by to see what I will be giving away to celebrate!!!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!!

12 thoughts on “One Design – 2 Cards

Taunya…these are so so sweet and you are so clever to make two cards at once. I love that cake too, so adorable. So happy to see you back in blog land, you have been missed my sweet friend.

Such a great idea to make two cards at once, especially such a fun and festive card. It’s amazing what a change in color will do. When I feel as if a project is off, and it’s not coming together, it’s usually always because of color. Have a wonderful day, my sweet and crafty friend! :)

These are both super sweet, Taunya! LOVE the fun colors you chose and the fun torn edge, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

You know, I always wonder why I don’t do two cards at once, as I always have enough supplies! You are SO stinkin’ clever, Taunya! And to do a boy AND girl card – you rock!!! Congratulations on your 100 blog posts! I remember 100 posts, and 100 followers like they were yesterday – so exciting! Glad to see you back here, dear friend. Hugs…

Patti says:

Awww! super cuteness!! perfect in BOTH colors!

Patti

These are cuties! Love the design and layout!
    Debbie

AWESOME! Your girl/boy duo are super sweet, and especially perfect if a set of twins are on the receiving end. I’ve been ‘triple’ creating cards of late (the Christmas ones), but still try to do a ‘wee’ something different with each. If the supplies are out…might as well use ’em!
    Two posts away from 100? Fabulous!! Wishing you, while I’m here, a most Happy Thanksgiving. I know that life has been challenging for you, but I know your dad will be watching over you and our family when you gather together. His love will envelope you all, and though tears will be shed, trust that he’s still very much present. May tomorrow (and every day, actually!), be filled with wonderful companionship, a fine meal, plenty of laughter and joy, and above all else, an abundance of blessings, the most important being LOVE!

Zipping back to THANK YOU for the awesome comment over at the TE blog! I was just wandering by, heading off to see Kim S’s cards and WOW! So glad I did! Thank you for being excited for me….you’ve made my day, my dear!!
    Hugs galore!!
    ~c

Deepti says:

This is adorable, cuteness :)

These are adorable! It’s amazing how just a little thing like changing colors gives a completely different look. I bet you’re niece and nephew will love them :)

How beautiful!! I love when people make more then one card from the same set. I like that it is a “boy” colored and “girl” colored cards. I remember this set from Stampin Up!! I never had it but used my friends!! Have a great weekend!! Nora

These are both fantastic, and such a versatile design–great idea to make a girl and boy version.