New Design Team Gig

Oh, I am very excited and very belated in my announcement of being picked to be on the Simply Create Too Challenge blog Design Team.  It all happened back in September when my dad was really sick and then passed away – so this unfortunately delayed my ability to participate right away.

But just recently I was spotlighted and announced as a member of the team. Although the wrong photo was put in the post – it is of a fellow team member and is not me.  You can read all about that here!

In that same post I have my first Design Team project – the challenge for the card in this particular post is over but the newest one is Challenge # 74: “Thanksgiving/Thank You” – the link closes on Thursday, November 20th at midnight! So you could still hop on over with a card and link it up!! I sincerely hope you will!!

So without any more hemming and hawing – here is my card that I did for my first submission as a Design Team member:

butterfliescard

I made this card by “shopping in my stash” since that was Challenge # 73!!

I used the stamp sets – Simple Shapes, and the butterfly is from Gladsome Garden!! Both are by Stampin’ Up!

What a great experience this is going to be for me – looking forward to working with all the lovely ladies on this design team!! Thank you to Diane Goolsby who is in charge and is a wonderful, caring lady!!

Thanks for coming by – I am feeling much better!  And I plan to share many more things with you!!!

ETA – I linked up this card at Loves Rubber Stamps Challenges – #127: Things with Wings

16 thoughts on “New Design Team Gig

Annete says:

So glad you are feeling better! You have an amazing talent and are perfect for this.

Yay you and CONGRATS!!!! Nothing will get you back into the game like a deadline! I even entered a card there because of you. You go girl!!!

Love your beautiful card. You sweet butterflies are as cute as can be and I love that they are just a bit darker in color than the spot they are sitting on. So so happy to be on the same design team with you!! Congratulations.

Congratulations, Taunya! I know you will be a big inspiration to the team. I love this happy card and I love the tone-on-tone squares with the butterflies. So much pretty, spring color going on here. :)

Congratulations, Taunya! They have no idea how lucky they are to have you!!! So happy for you, and glad to hear that you are doing better. Your card is delightful! Love the pretty soft colors, and I can never resist a cute butterfly! Beautifully done, thanks for sharing :)

Congrats on the new DT gig! How exciting! This card is totally darling–LOVE the colors you used! I can’t wait to see what else you make for this challenge! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Nice to see you posting again, and CONGRATS on your DT assignment. This is a really pretty card–those butterflies are so cheerful.

Mendi Yoshikawa says:

I too and happy to hear your spirits are up and am thrilled for your new adventure! The design team is very lucky to have you–Your card is so sweet! :)

Oh I’m so thrilled for you! They are lucky to get such a warm wonderful talented girl like you :) I love your submission card. Such beautiful colors! I’m looking forward to seeing you post more often!!

I am so glad that you are feeling better Taunya. I have missed you!! This is so lovely. I like the way you created the soft colors in the background and mounted the butterflies over each of them. Really pretty card!!!

Way to go!!! I’m happy for ur DT appointment! Good for you!!

So sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you will feel Gods arms around you to offer comfort.

PaperDaisies says:

This is such a pretty card. I love the design. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

This is so super cute!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Yayyy (again and again) that you’re on the Simply Create, Too DT! Your amazing creativity, paired with the ‘essence’ of why you create, guarantees that we’ll be seeing an abundance of awesomeness and loveliness from you! Cheering wildly at your sweet card here and, of course, swooning over the butterflies! Super sweet in every way! I’m aiming, once my Christmas card making ‘frenzy’ settles down a bit, to be more prompt with my comments! Just know that even when I don’t pop in until later, I’ve seen your cards, and have oohed and ahhed, gazed and admired, the minute they appear in my Feedly. Excited to see what you’ll be sharing in your new role (double yayyy for us…treats in store!). And if you want to expand your DT-sphere, check out Addicted to Stamps and More. We could be teamies *grin*

Deepti says:

Big congrats on the DT gig :) I am sure u will rock the challenges with ur awesome creations. Love the card u shared, pretty colors and awesome design :)

Congratulations, that’s great news. Have fun! I hope to be on a design team too one day.