Hello There!!

Thought I would pop in and share a card that I started over a year ago and finally finished up a couple of weekends ago!!

The reason this card took so long is that I made 16 of them and as you can see there is a fair bit of coloring!! Well, I did all that coloring with watercolor pencils and then used a watercolor blender pen to finish them off.  The thing is, that along with the cards I stamped this border on the envelopes too!! So I had 32 of these borders to color!!  Talk about biting off more than I could chew – but alas, a year later they are done and here is the finished product!!

floral hello

Used the Large polka dot embossing folder from Stampin’ Up! and then took my corner chomper to the lower corners and voila – my card is done!!  Those of you who know me or even if you just look at the title of my blog – then you can guess which part of this border was my favorite to color!!

Thank you for coming by and being a follower, commenter or friend!!

Happy Mail will be getting back on track next week – including a giveaway among any who have signed up to receive Happy Mail from me – if you haven’t checked it out yet,  you might click on Happy mail above by my Home button!!

Again – Thanks and Let’s make Beautiful Things!!!

17 thoughts on “Hello There!!

This is super darling, Taunya! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that embossing folder! I think I need to get it! :) I love the CAS feel, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Sweet sweet card…reminds me of spring when you start to see the flowers blooming. I love the soft yellow and those large embossed polka dots, so fun. And then you made 16 of these sweet puppies…oh my, you are one amazing and dedicated card maker. I hope you do have suffer from allergies with all those sweet little posies.

Patti says:

wowie!! that is a lot of coloring!! : ) What will you do with all those cards?? I love making duplicates of cards I make too. I often make gifts from the cards I create : ) and I could EASILY pull cards out that are unfinished from a year (or more) ago as well! : )

Your card is just as sweet and fresh as you are friend!! I love seeing you back to creating and sharing with us.

BIG (((Hugs)))
    Patti

Darnell says:

You’ve made lots of awesome and beautifully colored Happy Mail, Taunya! I can visualize 16 smiles at 16 mailboxes and that is a great feeling to have, isn’t it?! It might have taken a year, but it was well worth it for that!! Hugs, Darnell

16 ????? I am sure there is a story behind that. It is a darling card. Those sweet flowers dancing across the card had me thinking Spring…thank you, as it is still in the 90’s here in Florida.
    hugs my friend,
    P

Coloring the cards AND the envelopes? Now that is what I call a labor of love! You must feel so good to have these completed. They are full of sweetness and cheer, just like you, Taunya! :)

Wow, 32? You are a coloring machine, Taunya! These are so pretty, and I’m sure that there will be 16 very happy people opening mailboxes in the future! Some of my friends make two of everything, each time they create. I tried that a few times….now I’m back to just one…lol! These are so sunny and happy – you did a great job on them, and who doesn’t love a pretty envie?

A year?! You are tenacious my friend! I would have given up after two haha! I’m glad you stuck with it though they came out beautifully! Those pastels are so sweet :)

abusybee says:

Great card, those large polka dots are awesome! It will be awesome if we can get together in November!

Even though I already commented on this fab card I’m back again because I CAN’T FIND ANYWAY TO CONTACT YOU!! You’re like the stealth ninja of blogs. You sneak in leave amazing comments and then disappear! ha! Can you email me pretty please? Kelly1801us at hotmail.com Look forward to hearing from you!

Deepti says:

Love all those sweet little floral images :) fab card

Very sweet image, love the fun colors and the great embossing!

SIXTEEN of these beautiful cards with matching envelopes? You are seriously, totally and utterly awesome; 16 lucky folks will be wearing mega-watt smiles when these lovelies reveal themselves as happy mail! Incredibly pretty, and definitely worth every minute and colouring stroke invested! Sweetness to the max, as is their creator! I lack words to express how spirit-lifting, confidence-enhancing and sparkles-to-my-day-added, your comments are over at my blog! They’re like sunbeams radiating through the clouds, or a vibrant rainbow emerging from a storm-cleared sky. You have a writing style that delights, and a gift for words that makes me – and I know everyone who receives a note from you – feel like they are special and precious! Thank you for coming into my life; you’ve enriched it immeasurably!! Hugs galore, my friend!
    ~c

Joyce says:

I am impressed with your patience. One year to make a card set is quite an undertaking. It is wonderful, and the coloring is really first rate.

Maarit says:

Very pretty card!

Warm hugs
    Maarit

Taunya…Eeeeeee!!! Run over to the Simon Says blog. You’re a winner! Yipeeeeee!!! Hurray!!!
    I’m sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you!!
    Hugs, hugs and hugs!
    ~c

Hey Taunya!! I have been thinking of you!! How are you doing? Congratulations on winning at SSS blog for the blog hop. I won too and I never win anything!!!

Love your card. The colors are so pretty!!! Hope you are having a fabulous day!!
    Nora