Scrappy Blog Tour

Hello!  My scrappy friends, Shellye McDaniel  and Wendy Sue Anderson asked me to participate in a

Scrappy Blog tour and I was excited to play along!

As part of the tour I am going to share answers to a few questions.

What am I working on right now?

Actually my crafting has slowed down to a crawl or even a complete stop – my dad passed away recently and since then my heart has just been too heavy to craft.  But VERY soon, like after I get my package of Doodlebug products I ordered – I am going to dig out all the pictures of my dad and our family camping and use the Happy Camper collection to make layouts to honor him and his memory!

doodlebug-happy-camper-6.gif

And I just got doilies in lovely Doodlebug colors that I would like to create some awesome things with!!

doodlebug doilies

How long does it take me to create a project?

I am a quick layout maker – I feel like the page should tell a story and that it does not have to be a masterpiece.  I journal on every single page I create and I feel proud each time I get a photo out of a box and onto a layout in my kids books!!  As far as cards go – I like Clean and Simple.  Don’t want to spend more than a half hour or so on a card!! Sometimes a project will spark my interest and take an extra long time but usually I have to be quick since I have oodles of pictures to scrap and many upon many cards to send!!

What are my favorite things to create with at the moment?

I adore using anything from Doodlebug Design – they create the best products and I have a few ( kind of an understatement!) of them – Here is a picture of some of the items I have collected.

This happy yellow pegboard stands in my craft room - it holds all my themed Doodlebug Embellishments at the ready!!

This happy yellow pegboard stands in my craft room – it holds all my themed Doodlebug Embellishments at the ready!!

I also have been trying so very hard to use all my NBUS – an acronym from Darnell over at djkardkreations meaning “Never Before Used Stuff” and boy. do I have lots of that.  I was a Stampin’Up! demonstrator for several years so I have lots of their stamps.  As I get my allowance each month I try to pick up some stamp sets from other companies!!

How does my creating process work?

For cards – it seems to be challenge driven lately or because I need a certain card for someone!

For layouts – it all starts with photos that need to be scrapped.  I am trying to keep it even and scrap something of each person and then start that cycle again!!  Sometimes I get really inspired with one child’s photos and really go to town!!

How do I become inspired and stay inspired?

By visiting the blogs of all the creative and crafty people I love out here in Blogland!  I visit my Pinterest boards often and try to regularly create something that came from my boards!

What is my signature style?

I wish I thought I had a style – the only thing that seems to be consistent with me is that I love bright colors and bold images and cute, whimsical icons! I don’t know any more to say about that!

So everybody that I could think of has already done some sort of this blog tour thing recently – so I think this might have to end here – But that is okay, right?! Because all good things must come to an end!

Thank you for sticking with me through this long post!! Love having you stop by and visit!! I’d love it if you left me a message!!

I really need to express my thanks for all the kind and sweet, and so sincere comments I received after I  posted about my dad!  I think in a way I am trying to get back into blogging because I have missed many of you so much!!!

19 thoughts on “Scrappy Blog Tour

So fun to get to know your process and tastes a little better, friend! I hope you can get back to crafting soon, but I know how hard it can be when you lose a loved one. Prayers sent your way! Can’t wait to see what you have next! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Always fun to learn more about my crafty friends!
    Happy Saturday night!
    Hugs, Debbie

It’s been fun reading about you, Taunya! You make the very best Doodlebug creations! Those doilies are wonderful…look at all of those delish colors! Thanks for sharing today, dear friend! Hugs…

Patti says:

Hi Taunya : )

What a great getting to know you blog post! We have much in common friend : )

I can’t wait to see you back to creating with all your nifty supplies!

You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Patti

Oh Taunya!! I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Prayers and hugs being sent your way.

Love this fun post. Doodlebug is one of my favorite companies too. I have been eyeing those doilies but they never seem to make it into my basket!! I hope you feel better soon.

Nora

Fabulous post Taunya! It is always so much fun to read about your style and what gets you to create…I have to agree with you, I too love Doodlebug, so fun and whimsical. Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments on my blog…so blessed to count you as a blogland friend.

It was fun to learn more about your creative process, Taunya. You have a great collection of Doodlebug goodies and I’m loving how you have them right at hand on that cheerful, yellow pegboard!

Hi there. So nice to learn a bit more about you. If I could add to this post about yourself, I would say that you are such a warm and caring person, and that you leave the most inspiring and uplifting comments.

This ‘behind the scenes’ peek at who you are: pure delight! You’ve shared entertaining, enlightening details. Your decision to capture photos and memories about your dad is not only heart-warming and heart- melting, but a wonderfully thoughtful way to showcase his life, and the love you and your family have for him! You’ll be creating a masterpiece; this I know! I had a bit of a chuckle when you mentioned spending your allowance on stamping products; too cute (I need a much larger allowance, given my sprees of late *grin*). Yes, my friend, a mega-watt smile making post, although I agree with Joyce: you missed the part about how your warm, supportive encouraging comments, your uplifting spirit and your guaranteed to make our day sparkle posts! In a word, you’re AHHHH-MAAAZZZING!

Hello friend! Really enjoyed reading more about your process! Great to see you back blogging, you’ve been missed, but we know you are grieving, so take your time!

abusybee says:

They are some really fun dollies! Great post, glad to see you are back to posting!

Thought you might check this out:

Keeping you in my thoughts! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

Virginia L. says:

So wonderful to know more about you, Taunya! I am with you about Doodlebug…except I don’t have a lot of their products (they tend to be expensive!). I appreciate your stopping by the V. V. Challenge blog and I can’t wait to see your CAS take on the challenge! Thank you for your kind words! So sorry about your father! I lost mine 4 years ago and know how hard it must have been for you. Sending hugs!

Hello, sweet friend – just popping in to see how you’re doing AND to (hopefully) add some sparkle to your day by letting you know (or maybe you do…) that you’re a winner over at STAMPlorations (this post: http://stamplorations.blogspot.ca/2014/10/new-stamp-line-introducing-bees-knees.html) and at Darnell’s NBUS #2 challenge (here: http://www.djkardkreations.com/2014/09/nbus-challenge-2-winners.html) Rootin’ tootin’ AWESOMENESS that you have some goodies heading your way. More than well-deserved! Now let’s see…good things come in threes, so I wonder what will be bringing sunshine to your day next!
    Huge hugs, Taunya!!
    ~c

Big love heading back to you, dear friend…and by the way, WPlus9 is having a new release…get over there and comment asap!! Could be YOU winning that new release!!
    Hugs galore~c

Darnell says:

It’s wonderful to pop in and see that you had participated in a hop for us to get to know you better! You did a great job, Taunya! It’s been an absolute pleasure meeting you and being inspired by your talent and your creations! I hope you are feeling more sunshine in your life every day and that you’re soon able to get back to regular blogging your works of art! Warm hugs, Darnell

It was lovely getting to know more about you Taunya! I’m so jealous it only takes you a half hour to make a card!! There is nothing wrong with loving bright colors and bold images :) That’s my style too!!

Deepti says:

What an awesome read :) I enjoyed learning ur creative process and bright and bold is always better

Elizabeth says:

I love those doilies! I haven’t seen those yet, how is that even possible? So glad to see you are scrapping. Thinking of you lots.

Mendi Yoshikawa says:

Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve made a visit. I can’t wait to see what you create with the Happy Camper collection! I adore your pegboard organization for all your Doodlebug goodies and we share a love for all things bright and cute. :)