My Dad

Taunya & Dad

Dad&Taunya-2

My heart is heavy, my eyes are wet.  The man I lovingly call Dad passed away peacefully several hours ago. He began a battle with Pancreatic Cancer in the middle of June and we (I)  have known that it was coming. And, blessedly, the hours of serious difficulty were short and he was able to depart from this world to his heavenly home surrounded by loved ones!

I am grateful that his suffering is over, and only pray very hard for my mom,my siblings, myself, and other loved ones left behind!

There is a reason I share this here on my blog – I am reaching out to friends I have made through blogging who are as dear to me as the friends who are close by.  I wish to share this part of myself with you and also help you understand why there will not be many, if any visits to your blogs that I love so much during the next couple of weeks, I will miss you all but there will be much to do as I help my mom, and my family through the funeral and change to come.  Please be thinking of me and don’t forget about me because I will be back.  Thank you so much for your friendship!

**I was invited to do The Scrappy Blog Tour by Shellye McDaniel and Wendy Sue Anderson – I plan to do it but it will be a couple of weeks – when asked to participate and I accepted, my dad seemed ok, and like things would be dragging on but this last 3 days everything accelerated quickly and now with him gone there are matters to attend to.  So look for me to be back here when I can!!

Above all, please know how much I value you all!  Your encouragement to me has meant so much!!

Be sure to hug your loved ones today!! Love to you all!!

27 thoughts on “My Dad

Tammy Nyenhuis says:

Oh no Taunya. I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

I am so sorry about your dad. You are in my prayers. Hugs my friend!
    Penny

Kymona says:

Hey Taunya, I’m so so sorry to hear about your dad! There is nothing like a father-daughter relationship. You and your family are in my prayers. Please take all the time you need. You will be missed but we understand.

abusybee says:

So sorry to hear such sad news, I lost my Dad several years ago and understand the sadness. Thinking and praying for you and your family

Taunya, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. We are never ready to let our loved ones go. What a blessing to have such a large family, full of so much love, to help each other through a sad time like this one.You and your wonderful family will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers during these difficult days ahead. Big hugs, my friend…

My heart is heavy and my eyes are wet with sorrow for your, and your family’s loss. Sympathy, prayers, and virtual hugs galore coming your way! My husband’s father passed away in early June, so I can empathize with what you, and your mom, especially, are experiencing. Despite the miles that separate us, I’m here for you in whatever way you need me to be!
    Lots of love heading your way!
    ~c

Shellye McDaniel says:

Hugs to you, my friend! I’m very sorry for your loss and nothing is more important than being with family and friends at this time. I’ll be praying for you and keeping you close in my heart XOXO

Me again…I know you’re in the midst of incredible sorrow, but I’m here to share what I hope is a teeny bit of joy: you’re a winner over at SugarPea Designs: http://sugarpeadesigns.com/blog/2014/09/16/release-winners/

Remember: here for you!!

So sorry for your loss. May His Memory be Eternal!

Taunya, I’m so sorry for your loss! Sending hugs and prayers. Take the time you need to be with family and to go through the grieving process.

Taunya, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that you can find peace throught the knowledge that our Savior’s Atonement makes it possible for us to live together again after this life. HUGS, friend. Mynn xx

Barbara Roe says:

Dear Taunya, I am so sorry for the loss of your father. May wonderful memories help ease your pain and the love of family and friends help you through the difficult days ahead.

Taunya, sending my deepest sympathy to you and your family during this difficult time. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and your family is where you need to be, not blogland. I am sure everyone understands that. Take care and please, if there is anything I can do let me know.
    Sending hugs your way.

Patti says:

Dear Taunya,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your mom and your whole family in the days and weeks to come.

BIG (((Hugs)))
    Patti

I’m so very sorry for your loss Taunya. I know this pain all too well & will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Take all the time you need Hun & be sure to take care of you!
    Hugs & Love…
    DT Sis Jackie

Taunya, so sorry for the loss of your daddy… I can’t even imagine what that must be like. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I’ll pray for God to give y’all peace and comfort.

Pat Dadisman says:

Dear Taunya,
    My heart goes out to you on the loss of your Dad. You have my deepest sympathy and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Darnell says:

That was really beautiful, Taunya. Thank you for sharing those adorable photos of you and your Dad. I’m very sorry for your loss and I’m here for you if you need anything. You are a good daughter to be with your mom at this time. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Do send me an email when you are ready to come back so I know when that is and don’t miss it. Sending all my best! Hugs, Darnell

Taunya, I send my deepest sympathies to you and your family! May you find peace in all your found memories of your father!
    Debbie

maria f. says:

Condolences to you and your family, Taunya. Be strong and use your energy for your family. Blogland will be there waiting when you are ready.

Jill says:

This is my very first time on your blog…but I wanted to tell you that I am so sorry for your loss…great pics that you shared. May your wonderful memories give you comfort!

Oh, Taunya, my heart is heavy for you. I am so sorry for the loss of your father. You and your family are in my heart.

Mendi Yoshikawa says:

Such a beautiful post. I’m so sorry… I will be praying for you and your family in the coming months.

Oh dear. I am so sorry to hear about your father Taunya. I can only imagine the pain of your loss. This bible verse has helped me through when I’ve lost loved ones. John 11:25 “Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.” It’s wonderful to know we’ll see them again healthy and not suffering. In the meantime I’ll be praying for you and your family. XoXo.

Deepti says:

So sorry to hear about your loss, you and ur family will be in my thoughts !

Elizabeth says:

Oh dear girl, I am so sorry for your loss. There aren’t really words to say how truly sad I feel for you right now. You always brighten my day with your lovely comments, and I hope it brightens yours to know your cyber friends are thinking of you and praying for you. Those photos are so precious and I’m sure you have many memories you can hold close and look upon. Hugs from afar.

Oh no, not pancreatic cancer, that’s the worst. I’m sorry for your loss. I hope he was not in too much pain at the end.

My mom has cancer too, so I know somewhat how you feel. She’s OK for the time being, though. Considering.

Hugs to you.