Sunflower Birthday

To me Sunflowers mean Fall – so I thought I would make a couple Sunflower cards for some friends with Fall birthdays!! I am way excited because I am entering this card into 2 challenges.

The first challenge is over at Stamplorations – By Weekly Sketch: Challenge # 19

Here is the sketch:

stamplorationschallengesketch19-web

I also am participating in a fun challenge over at my friend Darnell’s blog djkardkreations!

Her challenge is NBUS # 2 – are you wondering  what that means – well her badge explains it all –

button aqua use this the

So for my card I used a Stamplorations set called Vignette: Retro Mod Shapes.  I have never used this stamp set ever before! I used the circles to make two-toned centers for my sunflowers and then I stamped the leaflike stamps to make petals for my sunflowers – again in two tones!  I used the banner from this set and stamped Happy Birthday on it from another set.  I stamped on my middle strip of paper tone on tone with the circle – does not show up very well! And I used a Sissix Embossing folder to make the card background!  Okey dokey, Here is my creation:

sunflowerI am pretty happy with how it turned out considering I don’t stamp a lot of florals!! But I did create something I can use to let 2 very special people know that I care!!

Who could you create something beautiful for today?

Think about it and while you’re thinking, why don’t you leave me a message!!

Have a Beautiful Day!!

13 thoughts on “Sunflower Birthday

Adorable!!! I love that bright yellow sunflower on the polka dot embossed white background! A winner in my book.

Taunya…when you get a chance, would you email me please. thank you so much.
    Kim

Darnell says:

I love how you made your beautiful sunflower for your fall birthdays, Taunya!! The sketch is perfect as a platform, and the banner sediment and e/f are wonderful design elements!! Thank you so much promoting and playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Sunflowers are perfect for fall birthdays, and so cheerful too. This card is so happy. I’m loving the yellow. You are totally rockin’ these challenges, Taunya, and I’m so glad you’re enjoying them!

Kymona says:

Hey Taunya!! Great card. I love the embossed background. I have that folder, I need to use it. Beautiful sunflower!! I need to join these challenges. Looks fun.

GORGEOUS! I’m sitting here with a mega-watt smile on my face, gazing in awe at your lovely sunflower! Not only is your card incredibly pretty (way to rock the NBUS!), but you’ve sparked an idea for a September-birthday card for my mom! Of course, sunflowers will play a key role! Thank you!! Now, if the vision translates into the creation, I’ll be happy. Goal for today officially set….we’ll see what happens! Off to see what’s next in your blog of delight and dazzle!

Tammy Nyenhuis says:

What a very pretty card. Love the embossing and yellow color!

Patti says:

Great card!! I especially love the bright on white! : ) and you KNOW!! I am goofy for polka dots! : )

Patti

Great take on the challenges! I just love those colors and the embossing! Hope you have a great week!
    Debbie

This is STUNNING!! I love the embossed background, the fun stamp you used for the sunflower and the yellow pp with the large polka dots. Really lovely card!!

Kymona says:

Hey Taunya!!! Congrats on your win over at the NBUS Challenge #2!!! Yeah In so happy for you!! You really needed so great news after such a hard couple of weeks!! I hope your ok, still holding strong! My prays are still with you and your family!! How is your mom doing? I hope she is fairing well!! Love you girl!!