A “Happy September” Chocolate Cozy

Sometime ago I saw this idea at my Card Club that I attend at my friend and SU! demonstrator’s house!  She called it a chocolate cozy and she had gotten the idea off of SplitCoastStampers in the gallery!! Here is a link to it!  The link tells you to go to this site PrettyPaperCards.com for a tutorial on how to make it!!

I decided that I wanted to make some of these for the office ladies, Principal and my son’s teacher at our elementary school.  I decided on the # 4 because that is how many cozies you can create from one 12 by 12 piece of patterned paper!

To make mine I cut a piece of Doodlebug Design paper that had apples on it – it was from the Fruit Stand Collection.  It was perfect for this project.  I also had an apple tag and a Doodlebug stamp set with an apple in it that I used in my decorative process. So I cut the paper into 4 – 6 by 6 squares, scored them according to the decorations in the tutorial listed above. Then folded it up the way it said to. I picked ribbon to match my paper and twine to tie it off with.  Added a stamped apple to either side and added a “Happy September” tag when I tied the twine!!

Here is a pictures of the front of my chocolate cozy’s:

choccozyfront

Here I have given you a view from the side:

choccozysideview

And then, finally a line-up of all 4 finished cozy’s – all ready for delivery:

fourchoccozy

They were pretty easy to make – the hardest thing was the scoring but after doing one I got the hang of it real quick – I did use my Martha Stewart scoring board for that!!  I suggest practicing on a spare piece of 6 by 6 paper so you get the hang of it and then you will always have a pattern also!

I gave these away this week and hope my recipients enjoyed them!

It was fun to add some chocolate to something beautiful and say “Happy September” to some ladies who do so much for our school!! They are always so awesome and helpful!!

Hope you will give these a try  – they really are fun and I have given you the places to go to understand how to make them!! So, please Go Forth – create beauty and share it!!!

9 thoughts on “A “Happy September” Chocolate Cozy

Kymona says:

Hey Taunya!!! I love your chocolate cozy!!! They are so cute!! I made a couple of those a while ago for my book club members!! They loved them!! I’m so happy to see your creating more and posting more!!!

Totally darling! I love the fun paper you used and I adore the idea of giving a little chocolate love! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

How cute are these? I want to try to make some of these for my friends at work for Christmas…or my secret snowflake. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Those are adorable! Thanks for adding the links too!

These are so sweet! Doodlebug papers are so bright and happy, perfect choice for these!

First of all THANK YOU for all the lovely comments on my blog!! You’re the best! Loved reading them!!
    As for your cozy’s I adore them! What a great idea and perfect as a quick gift for colleagues, neighbors or friends … and yay! for Doodlebug! LOVE them too!

I love it!!!!!!!!! Will have to make some of these. Thanks for the idea!

These are just too darn cute! I am not a fan of chocolate but I would make these for sweet gifts, thank you for the inspiration.

Yes, I guarantee that four people were absolutely delighted by these ‘sweet’ treats that came across their desks this week! Seriously: you win top honours in the “thoughtful and heart-warming” category, with all the beautiful things you create AND share! The chocolate cosies are exactly that: little nests of adorableness, the perfect size for a decadent treat. Fabulous and charming – precisely like you!! Glad to hear you wrote a note to Simply Create, Too! Fingers crossed!! There’s another call at Cardz 4 Guys….just sayin’ *grin*