Get Well Soon!

I don’t make a lot of Get Well Soon cards but when I came up with this design based on a sketch – I made 3 of  this one:getwellpills

Stamp set used was an old one “Nice & Easy Notes” by Stampin’ Up! I used a polka dot embossing folder and  also added some glossy accents to the bottle of medicine!! Colored the pic with watercolor pencils and then used blender pens! The seam binding was hand died by Debbie at Paper Sweeties!

My card was based on this sketch:

Repeat Impressions#S314

I entered their challenge over at the Repeat Impressions blog – The Houses that Stamps Built.

The challenge is called What if? Wednesday – Sketch Challenge # S314

Also entered it over at Addicted to Stamps – Challenge # 112: Make Your Mark

I made this card with a dear friend’s sister in mind – she is going through some health issues and thought I would cheer her up a bit with this little piece of beauty!!

Thanks for stopping by – Love having company! Even better is company that leaves kind words behind!!

Enjoy your day and I hope you create something beautiful!!

12 thoughts on “Get Well Soon!

This card will definitely make anyone feel better, Taunya! I love the technique you used with the ribbon. Such a great take on the way it looks in the sketch!

Really cute…love how you applied the ribbons…gonna have to use that in the future! :)

abusybee says:

This is super sweet, I really like the ribbon technique on this! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

Great card Taunya! Love the seam binding!

Sweet, sweet card and I just love what you did with ribbon. And your coloring is perfect. Sure to bring a smile to the face of whoever you send this too.

Guaranteed to lift your friend’s spirits, Taunya! Sometimes the best ‘medicine’ is simply a note knowing that someone cares – and your card does precisely that! Super sweet!! You’ve entered into two challenges I’m not familiar with, so I’ll be going on a journey later. In the meantime, since you used watercolour pencils, I reckon your card fits the “make your mark” challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More. Waltz over that way to see…and yup, I’ll be checking up on you *grin*

Super sweet! LOVE the pastel colors you used and I also love the water coloring! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Lee-Anne says:

Love what you did with the ribbon, Taunya! And that pill bottle full of candy hearts…so cute! So happy you could join us at ATS&M!

Adorable image … love those sweet heart-shaped pills. Great design, and fab colors. Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS.

Katie Melhus says:

What a sweet prescription bottle – love the shine you used on it! Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

This is such a cute image, love the little hearts, Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

What a great idea – I always ‘think’ of making more than one, but never do! Love your card, Taunya…thanks for sharing, and for joining in our sketch challenge at The House That Stamps Built! Hugs…