An Apple for the Teacher

This card was made specifically for some challenges – I will list them in a minute!

I think this card will be for my son’s teacher!! Here is how it looks:

An Apple to say Thanks to your Teacher!!

An Apple to say Thanks to your Teacher!!

To create this card I used the Fall Fun set, yet another old set from Stampin’ Up! I had some red 3/4″ grosgrain ribbon and this burlap trim that I won in a giveaway that I used.  Came together very easily after I fussy cut the apple and the leaf!

I based my card on this sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch # 91 –

CTS_91

And I am entering  this challenge over at The Card Concept – Challenge # 18: Back to School

I feel like my card fits the Classy & Elegant style as shown on the blog!!

Cupcake Inspirations is having a challenge # 277 – Here is the photo:

CIC277 (1)

ETA: I was part of the Sweet Six over at Cupcake Inspirations!! Here’s my badge –

Sweet Six

Another challenge I am entering is Docerela Creations Blog – Challenge # 69: School

I am linking this up to the Simply Create Too blog- challenge # 69 Show Us Something New – what is new about my card is the burlap trim that is featured under the apple!

I am really happy about being able to join so many challenges!! And to boot, I already have a great thank you card for my son’s teacher!  How fun to create beautiful things for people!  Have a wonderful day!!

I will be back tomorrow showing you something I made for some ladies at my son’s school!!

See you then!

19 thoughts on “An Apple for the Teacher

Fabulous card Taunya! I love your clean look and that apple is so perfect. But what I really love is the kraft card base, reminds me of making my own book covers in school from grocery bags, such fun memories. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Leigh Penner says:

Oh, this is wonderful! Perfect take on the sketch!

Love the clean lines of this card, Taunya! The kraft is the perfect backdrop and I love the combo of the grograin and burlap trim. You get an A+ from me on this one. :)

COOL!! And given that I’m a teacher, I well know your son’s teacher will be delighted when she receives this! What a wonderful way to let her know that she’s appreciated; gratitude has a most wonderful ‘reciprocal magic’ about it, so don’t be surprised when an unexpected surprise comes back your way! The apple, the pretty ribbon, the kraft background…a recipe for fabulous!! Super sweet, super thoughtful, super heartwarming = YOU!!

LOVE the texture in the ribbons you chose, Taunya! This is a totally perfect CAS card! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Wonderful card Taunya! Love the ribbon and fussy cutting!

Great job on this card! I love the rustic look of the burlap, and the background reminds me of those paper bag book covers we used as kids! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Hi, Taunya: What a beautiful card. Glad you joined in our Simply Create Too Challenge #69 – “Show Us Something New” [& thanks for telling us what ‘new’ you used]. Please come back by to see our new challenge tomorrow, Friday?

Blessings,

Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team

Taunya, I am so happy that you joined us this week at Cupcake Inspirations! I love the CAS style of your card! The Kraft paper works so perfectly with the red! I so hope you’ll be able to join us again for more challenges!
    Hugs, Debbie!

Great fussy cutting and I love the mix of textures from the trims.

abusybee says:

Great back to school card! Love the kraft with the pop of red from the apple! Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

SmilynStef says:

The burlap texture is just perfect for your design … wonderful teacher card.

This is really cute…how in the world did you get the jute so straight?!? His teacher will love it!

sue t. says:

Very cute CAS card! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

Geri G says:

Yes…Kim is so right…the kraft card base reminded me of our homemade paper bag book covers too! I love the somewhat rustic/country feel of your card. The burlap trim ROCKS!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)

I really like how you have the 2 ribbon layered!

Tina says:

adorable, love how its simple and amazing and so cute
    thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
    sweetie dt

Lovely teacher card. Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations! Come back again soon! Nance, DT

catarina says:

What a wonderful CAS card you made.

Great card for the teacher.

Thank you for joining our challenge at Docerela Creations.

Blessings,