Lighthouse Card

My mom is a huge fan of lighthouses – she has a bathroom totally decorated with them! I have always found them to be beautiful and stately and have heard many stories about those lives who have been blessed by them. I created this card with her in mind, in a few weeks she will need me to send her some love as she goes through some difficult things, and hopefully this card will bless her.

Another reason for this card is that there was a Stampin’ Up! set eons ago that had this sentiment stamp :

“A light, a compass, a beacon true, my life is richly blessed by you.”

I think we can all think of someone who has been a light in our life, helped us find direction and blessed us!

I must say that in my blogging efforts and joining of challenges there have been friends who have been a steady light, have given me direction, and encouragement, I indeed have been blessed by their light!  They are: Carol of the blog Just Me: c. She is delightful and she keeps pointing me in the right directions for joining challenges and such – her talent is amazing and you will love visiting her.  Kymona of the blog Kreative Kymona.  She encourages me to go for it and try new things – she sent me a set of cards encouraging me to Be Generous, Be Strong, Be Fearless and Be Yourself!! Her blog is definitely worth a look!  I will  from time to time be telling you about some of the amazing, awesomely talented people I have met through this incredible place we call blogland!

So here is the card I made inspired by my mom and these ladies:

lightuplife

This card meets the sketch for the challenge at Happy Little Stampers – here is the sketch:

HLS September Sketch Challenge

Since I used Paper Smooches stamps I am going to enter this card in a challenge over there.  It is the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog September 7 – 13 Anything Goes (wk 1) challenge!

SPARKS BADGE

I also am going to submit this card and my Wassup Foxy? card to the Paper Smooches Guest Designer Search – October

Thank you for coming by today – hope you know someone who is a light to you that you can make something beautiful for and thank them for being a blessing to you!!

Have a wonderful day!!

9 thoughts on “Lighthouse Card

I love the story behind this card and the card itself. I find my scrapping friends to be such a wonderful source of support and encouragement! Helps us keep going during the times when we’re just not in the mood, not inspired, or our mojo has gone on vacation…maybe to a place with a lighthouse. :)

What a wonderful card! I love how CAS it is, and love how you did the light coming out of it!

Kylie says:

Your card is beautiful. Perfectly CAS – just how I like them :) I love the hearts at the bottom of the lighthouse! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers! Don’t forget we have our giveaway on right now too – http://happylittlestampers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=220

Deepti says:

Awesome !! CAS perfection :)

This is so cute, Taunya! I also LOVE lighthouses! The light beam looks amazing, too! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

What a nice story! Your mom must be so proud to have such a thoughtful daughter. Love this adorable card, my friend! Good luck on the challenges!

What an adorable take on the sketch. I love it! One layer cards are just so hard for me. Super duper card!!!!

Not sure how I got this far behind…but this is just too darn cut. I love your sweet lighthouse image.

Oh, Taunya…what a wonderful ‘behind the scenes’ story about your mom’s passion for lighthouses that inspired this pretty, thoughtful, infused-with-love card that you created for her! She will treasure this, and in the days to come, I know it will be a light, compass, beacon and blessing. You shift into those who are ‘lighthouses’ in your life has me wearing a mega-watt smile (and the rosy hues of blushing!) with your incredibly heart-warming shout out! I’m glad that in being ‘just me’, I’ve managed to attract such a marvelous friend in you! Mirror reflected back to you: you add cheer and sparkle to my days, with your confidence-boosting comments and your always ‘add beauty to the world’ creations! This one truly is a gem! And *fist pump* on the challenges! You’ve totally nailed that sketch!!