You’re a Cool Cat!

I am so happy – I got to spend some more time today in my craft room and I came up with 4 more cards!! I will be showing them to you over the next 3 or 4 days.  The last card I made today is the one that I am showing you first.

I used a Newton’s Nook stamp set and based it off of a sketch from Newton’s Nook:

NNDIPC_13_Sketch

Here is my card – I colored it with my Prismacolor markers (I have no Copics) and used 2 punches from Stampin’Up! -the Banner punch, and the 1 1/4″ circle punch.  Used the Primary colors – always love that!! The cloud embossing folder is by Darice! This is what I came up with:

coolcatcard

I am excited to enter this card in several challenges.  They are:

Week 111 - Under

Thanks so much for stopping by to see my card!! I am really getting into this whole challenge thing.

(I guess I just had to give myself permission)

And, now I give you permission to leave me a comment and I also suggest you check into Happy Mail by clicking here!!

Have a very Beautiful day!!

27 thoughts on “You’re a Cool Cat!

Shirl says:

That is one cool cat! Thanks for joining us over at DoubleClick Skittles Challenge~

Mendi Yoshikawa says:

What an adorable card! Love your embossed clouds and your coloring is fantastic! Such a cute stamp too! :)

Super fun pairing of sentiment and image, Taunya. Will you teach me how to color? It scares me. LOL! I need to show this to Alexa later. She’s crazy for cats! :) Have a happy Sunday!

~amy~ says:

Super fun and great take on the cue card!

What a cheerful card!!! Love the clouds and that you were able to adapt the card to several challenges. So cool!!!!

Shellye McDaniel says:

I LOVE how you colored Newton so cheerfully! Fantastic job!

Cute stamp set! Love your card, and it’s so great to see you blogging! Our wedding went well :-) hugs….

Anni says:

Aaawww, what a cutie!
    Anni

How FUN!! I love that stamp. I love the background with the clouds. Totally cool that you were able to create for so many challenges. I have such a hard time doing that!!

Taunya, This is just darling! I just love this Newton image! Love stopping by to see what you have been creating!
    Debbie

Super fun card! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations!

Barbara Roe says:

Hi, you got a chuckle from my card and I will say the same to you. Oh is he a cool cat, super cute.

Just so so COOL! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO too! : )

Barbara R says:

Now that is definitely one cook cat. Thanks for sharing with us at DoubleClick Connections.

~DT Barbara

Faith says:

I just love the way the brighter colors pop off of the light blue. Is the background embossed in clouds? Oh, I must have that. Your coloring is fantastic. Thank you for joining DoubleClick Skittles (http://doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com). DT – Faith

abusybee says:

Very cool, I really like the primary colors on this and the cloud embossing is perfect! I have the same folder, I wish they made another one so you can use it horizontal. Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

May Park says:

Since I’m a cat lover, I couldn’t stop looking at your adorable card! Such a fun and cute card!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week! May

Super duper darling, girl! Like I said on FB, I adore your use of the banner punch! The texture is amazing, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Meghan says:

I love how you worked the challenge this week with your cat “under” the umbrella! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Hazel says:

Thank you for sharing your lovely CAS crafting with us at CASology for the ‘under’ challenge, Hazel, Guest Designer x

Hello *waving wildly with one hand while brushing SNOW off my face with the other! We’ve been hit with winter wonderland in our part of Alberta…craziness*, my dear friend. Look at you totally rocking the challenges, and with some absolute gems!! You sunbathing Newton (yeah…wishing for some sun and heat right now!) is darling, decked out in his snazzy shades and fancy beach towel and umbrella. Toooo sweet! I’m thrilled you’ve given yourself permission to play in challenges – aren’t they a blast! Making and sharing your beautiful creations is having a reciprocal response, as I’m seeing and reading comments praising and appreciating what you’re doing! Cheering and applauding loudly! Thanks so much for your note last week! I continue to be queen of disorganized and once I have that under control, I’ll respond with a proper note. Heyyy…just had a thought….check out Simply Create Too, where the current challenge is ‘show us something new’ alongside a DT call. I encourage you to apply!!! You are soooooo creative and so ready to take that step! No time to be nervous or second guess yourself…just do it! I’ll be the first to happy dance thunderously when you’re selected! Hugs~c

Deepti says:

This cat is indeed the coolest cat :) fun card

Jennifer says:

This is super cute! I love the embossed clouds background and the fun, primary colors! Thanks so much for playing along with our Inky Paws challenge at Newton’s Nook Designs!

Fabulous and fun card! That cloud embossing for your background is simply fabulous and looks amazing with your sweet little cat kicking back. And I do have to agree with “C”, apply to Simply Create Too for the DT spot. Your cards are always so clean and just so fun. Give it a try, you just never know until you do!

Georgiana says:

Looks like a cozy cat! Thanks for joining our Animal Challenge this week at DoubleClick Skittles.

Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson’s Creations •
    DoubleClick Skittles DT

Kymona says:

Hey Taunya!! I thought I commented on this card but it looks like I missed it. I love your cool cat. He looks like he is having a great time chilling in the sun, which is what I wish I was doing. Your embossed background is great too. Nicely done! Thanks your for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.

[…] You can see them here and here!! […]