Happy Birthday, Mouse!!!

Well, when I hung out in my craft room on Saturday, I made this card, I consider this my piece de resistance!!

So without further ado here is the sketch that it was based upon –

MFTWSC191

I entered this challenge over at My Favorite Things – This week’s sketch # 191

This is my take on this sketch:

My husband says this is his favorite card of the ones I have made in the last few months.  He kept going on and on about how cute it was!! I know I sure had fun making it!!

My husband says this is his favorite card of the ones I have made in the last few months. He kept going on and on about how cute it was!! I know I sure had fun making it!!

I used the large polka dot embossing folder from Stampin’ Up!, my 1 and 3/4 circle punch and this adorable stamp set from My Favorite Things called  Mouse in the House – It’s your birthday!! I fussy cut around the balloon and bird with mail and used stampin dimensionals to put them on the card!!  I used Basic Black ink and used my watercolor pencils/blender pens to color in the cute images!  And here is the inside of the card:

Pictured here is what the inside of the card says and a full picture revealing a birthday cake for the mouse!!!

This card was so delightful to make and it was fun to see my husband think it was so cute!! So glad that I made 4 of this beautiful, charming card!! ( I am a teeny bit proud of it)  Why don’t you let me know what you think!!

Please feel free to hang out here at my blog for awhile – I sure love the company!! Leave me some love and if you want to – why don’t you follow my blog and join my Happy Mail group!! To learn more about H.M. then click on the tab above on the bar with the home button!! Thanks for stopping by!!

I also linked up at Seize the Birthday

Linky badge

Linked up over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes  and

Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog – Challenge #119: Anything Goes

16 thoughts on “Happy Birthday, Mouse!!!

How stinkin’ cute.!!! I love cards that have openings to something on the inside. Your husband was right…I love it!!!

What a cute card!! The stamps you used are perfect for the sketch. I love how the little mouse that is inside is peeking out through the the hole. Totally, totally FABULOUS design!!

Great job with the sketch, Taunya! Your hubby is right. This is one uber adorable card, my friend! Thanks for the smiles this evening! Hugs…

Oh, this is so adorable. That mouse reminds me of Angelina Ballerina–is she still around? Super cute design and perfectly colored.

This is completely adorable, Taunya and I have to agree with Joyce. It brings me back to the days Alexa was obsessed with Angelina Ballerina. So sweet with the circular opening and I love the touch of purple!

This is darling! Love the window and that there is more to see on the inside.

Cameron Love says:

Super cute card!

Kymona says:

Hey Taunya!! I love your embossed big dots background. I just ordered and received that folder. I can’t wait to use it. I love the color you used. Very pretty. Your mouse and little birdie are so adorable as well. All in all a great birthday card. Great job.

Okay, a whole new level of ‘sweet’ is happening in this post! First up is your wee mouse is absolutely darling, and all the more so when we see he’s nibbling on cake! Second is your ‘little birdie’ complete with envelope and balloon (eeee…). Third are the polka-dots and stripes, and finally…the fact that your husband loves it!! Super awesome!! Seriously, what an amazing guy he is to let you know he thinks this is cute…and how right he is! Love it oodles! Three challenges…excellent!! Just so you know: your comments have my heart singing….just tilt you head and you’ll hear!! You’re such a gift!

Your post title caught my eye…when I saw Birthday and Mouse in the same sentence I had to wonder if you were speaking of Mickey Mouse and I know his birthday is not until November 18th. LOL
    This is just too darn cute and I love your adorable little critter, even if it is not Mickey. Really makes for a very sweet card.

teresa kline says:

hi Taunya! super cute cardm, luv the sweet little image. I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday StampTember Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

blankina says:

Great idea to have opening..and when you open the card that you see the whole image!
    Happy to see you at Loves Rubberstamps,
    Hugs Blankina

shirley-bee says:

So pretty! I love the cut-out to reveal part of the image. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

Very cute! Great job with your coloring!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

EEk ! Too cute! Just love this little mouse, and those polka dots…fantastic work!
    Debbie

Great card. Very cute image and great colours. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

Nikki