I’m B-A-C-K!!!!!

I am so excited, obviously since I couldn’t wait til tomorrow( the day I said I would officially be back), to be back at creating beautiful things and blogging about them!!

I spent hours in my craft room on Saturday afternoon – I struggled with where to start, so I decided to give the challenges on the internet a looksie and it worked!! Ironic, I know that my first post back should be from a challenge – but frankly that is where the inspiration came from and it was easy to meet this particular challenge because I have had this idea swimming around in my head for a while!

The challenge I am entering is over at CAS-ology, week 110: Letter

Week 110 - Letter

The card I ended up creating involved some masking and using bright colors –

Using SU! stamps - Perfect Plaids and Tidy Alphabet this CAS birthday card came about!  Perfect for the CAS-ology challenge - Letters

Using SU! stamps – Perfect Plaids and Tidy Alphabet this CAS birthday card came about! Perfect for the CAS-ology challenge – Letters

I showcased each letter with a Perfect Plaid stripe masking each letter in the middle – this made each letter stand out as an important part of the whole!  Anyway the idea had been floating around in my mind since I saw this pin right here! A shout out to Nichole Heady of Papertrey Ink for my inspiration!!

Smartly, I stamped up four of these cards with matching envelopes – the front of the envelope says hi! in the Tidy Alphabet and the envelope flap has the same 5 colored stripes as the card does!! I say smartly because I am running dangerously low on mailable birthday cards!  It took some time but I am glad that as long as I had all the stuff out I decided to create more than one!! I hope you found some inspiration here today and hope you find a way to make something beautiful (or cute) today!!

Also adding this card to these two challenges:  (since my friend at Just me:C encouraged me too, what a great friend!!!)

Linky badge

18 thoughts on “I’m B-A-C-K!!!!!

I just love how fun and happy this card is. Great job with the masking. Welcome back to crafting. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Paula Guthrie says:

Cousin, so glad that you are back to sharing your amazing creativity!! Thanks so much for sharing!! Love you and your work!

You should see the beaming smile I’m wearing at seeing your post pop up in my Feedly! I rushed right over and eeee…your card is absolutely adorable! Perfect for the CASology challenge and for another one: Seize the Birthday!! They always have an ‘anything goes’, as well as some “toppings” so waltz this gem over that way!! (I’ll be looking to be sure you did *grin*). Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is also an Anything Goes, sooooo….you know what you need to do!! I’m beyond excited that YOU are excited about creating, entering challenges (I’m a challenge-addict…full-on *grim*), and, most of all, sharing beauty!! Your masking: fabulous! I’m dreadful at masking, so that’s another ‘must learn’ added to my list! Happy dancing over your post! And once your read this, you have TWO more challenges to enter!!

Patti says:

L.O.V.E it! I think masking is one of my favorite techniques because of the versatility you can get mixing stamps! I really like the bold colors too. Good job ; )

Patti

Kymona says:

Hey Taunya!!! Your back!!!!! I’m so glad. I love your card. The bright colors are amazing. Such a cute birthday card. Sure to make the recipient smile. Happy to see that you entered into a couple of challenges. They allow you to stretch your imagination. You did just that.

Love the happy rainbow of colors on here, Taunya! This card is sure to brighten the recipient’s day. Happy Monday! :)

So HAPPY you are back. Super duper cute card. So fun and colorful…just like you!!!

Lee-Anne says:

This is such a fun card, Taunya! The colors and design exude happiness…just perfect for a birthday card! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some love :)

~amy~ says:

Thanks so much for stoppin’ by my blog! This is so much fun, love the use of the rainbow colors! Such a happy combo!

Monika Reeck says:

The rainbow color make your Birthday card so happy and the one who get this card will smile big you made a cute birthday card and fit to the challenge Letter this time at Casology…Awesome Card Taunya and many thanks for your lovely words on my Letter card..hugs, Monika

Super darling, Taunya! LOVE the bright rainbow colors! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Sharyn Polesel says:

What a fun and happy birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Woo Hooo….So glad you entered the other two challenges (told you I’d be checking up you *grin*). As I’ve mentioned before: your cards deserve to be showcased whenever and wherever possible, as do your sparkly, effervescent posts! I’ll be keeping an eye open for more challenges and fire ’em your way when I can!! Huge hugs~c

What a great card!! I love how you masked the stripes to put in the letters. Such a cute card!! I am so glad that you are back to creating. I am in a slump now after making a few cards this weekend. I went back to work and it makes it so much harder to find the time. I can do it at night but am oh so tired by then. Thank you for the inspiration!!

jenn shurkus says:

such a bright and cheery bday card :) thank you for playing a long with simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

so so so much fun! I love your bright and cheerful “happy”, it goes so well with birthday. Love your sweet card. Enjoy your week.

Happiness! That’s what this card will bring to whoever finds it in their mailbox! Well done, my friend :-)

Colleen F says:

Absolutely FUN card…so happy and bright and the best is that it can be any gender and any age!! That’s a winner in my book!! Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday!