This quote hit me hard today as I was perusing other blogs:
The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes. -William James (1842-1920)
Found on Greta’s blog GG Creations as part of the header for her blog! Thanks, Greta for providing me with some needed inspiration!
What I realized I needed was an attitude adjustment – if a change of attitude can alter a person then surely it can alter me in any area that is needed, such as blogging – so I decided as part of my attitude altering to look at the answer to this question:
Why am I doing this – blogging?
The answer is because I Want To ADD BEAUTY To The World!!!
By sharing the things I create I hope to inspire others to create things that can add beauty wherever they are.
After much thinking and attitude adjusting I have broken down what Blogging is about and is not about TO ME – this is my blog and I am deciding to blog and connect with others the way I really want to! This does not mean that the way someone else blogs is right or wrong – Just that for me I have figured out what is RIGHT for me, at this time!
Is About –
creating beauty, sharing beauty,
sending Happy Mail to everyone I can (including You – my readers),
meeting more people to share beauty with,
and making more friends that enrich and improve my life!
Is Not About – the numbers, as in, # of comments I get, the total number of page views I get in a day!! Don’t want to determine my success or my identity by #s from my blog – Instead (Attitude Alter) I do want for people to be moved to action by the ideas I share and my promptings to them to do a little something today to add beauty to the life of someone. That is what success will look like for me – but the tricky thing is I most likely will not know when this happens, and I have decided that is ok!!
Is Not About – how often I do it! I am going to shoot for 3 times a week and sometimes it might be more often and other times it could be less. (Attitude Alter) But I am going to have a goal of three times a week! But guess what, I might not be perfect at that but I m committed to giving it a try.
Is Not About – whether I do challenges or not! I create beauty in many ways – love notes, gift wrapping, treat notes, and just the little things I do to say You are Special to me – they are not always cards so my posts cannot always be about cards and challenges, though (Attitude Alter) I have decided for me that half and half would be a good balance.
So now with my newly altered attitudes I hope to find peace and enjoyment from blogging – and I do SO look forward to getting to know as many of you as I can ! Look for my posts to resume early next week!
I must say a Thank You to some fantastic blogger friends who gave me encouragement, advice and just uplifted me! They are :
- Darnell J Knauss of djcardkreations – guaranteed to make you smile with her wit!
- C of Just Me: c – she is delightful and such a whiz at challenges!
- Patti J of Cherish Each Precious Day – she creates things of beauty and shares them often!
- Penny Ward of Penny Ward INK – What a glow of hope this lady is!
- Kymona of Kreative Kymona – Someone who is doing so well and having much success!!
- Lisa Rukin Swift of Remember the Good Times – Most talented layerer and collager EVER!!
- Patti of Stationery Styles Love her style and her upbeatness!
- Kim Heggins of Cupcakes, Cards and Kim She is fun, and creative!!
- Miriam Prantner of Sooner Rather than Later – has a style and flair all her own!
- Nora of A Creative Touch – creates beautiful things from scraps!
- Mynn of On a Stampage – she has been a true and supportive friend!
- And last but not least – a very dear friend Annette Ashton
Love and thanks to all these ladies – They are each amazing!! Why not take a little look at their blogs if you haven’t had that treat already!!